PDA

View Full Version : I Pad

Ickie
October 14th, 2010, 15:01
anyone using an ipad to visit our website, and does our website work?
how do you post?
how are cookies handled.

I need to look into the future

Dain Arns
October 14th, 2010, 15:04
I used to try and browse the site with a mobile phone.
Was kinda like looking through a keyhole. :icon_lol:
But that was the old site, a couple years ago.

JoeW
October 15th, 2010, 01:34
I'm thinking of one of these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220568
The best of both worlds. It's a pad and a laptop at the same time. The SSD can be enlarged with an additional Memory module plugged in on the side.

Lionheart
October 15th, 2010, 03:06
Works fine Ickie. I use it often to check in. I just click on the Post Reply and type away.

The only thing it stumbles on is when you are clicking on the SOH photos, ones that are using the forum software that pop-up. It seems to only show the ones near the top of a post page. If you try to drag down to where the photo is, by touching the screen on the iPad, it also registers on the webpage and turns off the popped-up screenshot. Thats the only thing I have found that it cannot handle right at SOH.

On a side note, it also doesnt do Attachments correctly or like other systems. Nothing to do with SOH though.

Bill

Chacha
October 15th, 2010, 04:26
Works fine with mine as well...

...And yes cannot do attachments (not yet)

Lionheart
October 16th, 2010, 15:05
I didnt know you got an iPad ChaCha!

Congrats...

Did you get the 3G?

Chacha
October 16th, 2010, 20:41
I didnt know you got an iPad ChaCha!

Congrats...

Did you get the 3G?

...Yes Sire!

...Followed your footsteps... LOL ;)

tonybones2112
October 17th, 2010, 14:14
Couldn't tell you my friend. I was offered an IFAD in trade for one of my tomahawks and refused; I'm boycotting Apple because they will not service any product used by murderous smokers as I. If it had been another Toughbook I'd took it.

Bones

Lionheart
October 17th, 2010, 15:13
...Yes Sire!

...Followed your footsteps... LOL ;)

Have you put any movies on it? You can convert DVD's to M4V's pretty easy, then import them into iTunes and click to load it in the iPad.

That is pretty bad that it cannot get/open attachments, such as photos. You can save PDF's though, now. They are stored in your Books App. When you have PDF's on it, go to Books, and at the top is Books and then PDF's.

You know... They could have done so much more with these. Kind of bums me out. All the many things that are in other Apple devices arent in these iPads, and they are all super small and thin! (the other ones).

For instance;
* FM Radio...................Nano
* Front camera.............iPhone 4
* Built in cell phone.......iPhone 4 (for 3G models of course)
* Infra-red control.........for the cool mini remote that looks like a iPod, for controlling movies and music

When you see them take apart iPads in the YouTube movies (how to disassemble an iPad), you see how much room they have inside. They arent filled at all. It does have a large battery and large screen, the rest is micro bits...

But its a neat unit. Especially now that you can use a wireless keyboard!

Bill