PDA

View Full Version : Henry - Mossie content

Nick C
October 14th, 2010, 14:07
Have you seen the following website Henry?

http://www.mosquitorestoration.com/index.shtml

peter12213
October 14th, 2010, 14:43
How good would that be to see in flight Nick and H, my house is built like 200ft away from an old bed making factory long sinse demolished that used to make them, simply the very best twin of WW2 infact what a lot of people don't know but we do, is that the origins of epoxy resin and modern day carbon fibre owe alot to this very aircraft I only wish we could have one to the standard of A2A or sibwings!
Great post Nick! Havent heard alot from you recently mate hope your keeping ok! I tried to add you on facebook but you probs didn't know me lol!

Nick C
October 14th, 2010, 15:02
Hi Peter.

My step-mother passed on this site to me, she's in communication with the author because she's researching an old furniture workshop who also used to create parts for aircraft such as the Mossie during the second world war.

Aside from people I work with, I keep FB mainly for family and close friends. Flight sims don't get a look in. I get a lot of people who have seen me around on the web asking to be my 'friend', most of whom I don't know and so are ignored and I apologise if I haven't replied, you may have been bunched with a batch delete!

All OK here, just trying to keep my head down and crack on with work, I'll be around a lot more now the evenings are drawing in.

Cheers.

AndyE1976
October 14th, 2010, 16:03
Is there a decent mossy for fsx?

How is the AH offering? I wasn't that impressed with their lanc as it was an fs9 port, and I believe the mossie is too.

Agree it would be great t have an accusim mosquito, but then that ges for just about any aircraft!

Rich
October 14th, 2010, 22:23
No FSX Mossie but there is it's little brother.

By Rob Richardson not Flying Stations

It is FSX and free

roger-wilco-66
October 14th, 2010, 23:44
I admire the craftmanship of woodworking on the pictures displayed on that website above.
Almost a work of art!

Thanks for sharing this.

Cheers,
Mark

Naki
October 15th, 2010, 00:20
Have you seen the following website Henry?

http://www.mosquitorestoration.com/index.shtml

I'll be there (I hope!) with my camera when the first one (and second one) flys!

stiz
October 15th, 2010, 02:01
Is there a decent mossy for fsx?

How is the AH offering? I wasn't that impressed with their lanc as it was an fs9 port, and I believe the mossie is too.

Agree it would be great t have an accusim mosquito, but then that ges for just about any aircraft!

yea the mossie is a port as well. Wasnt someone working on a mossy? dave garwood? rick piper?

raptor19
October 15th, 2010, 11:50
yea the mossie is a port as well. Wasnt someone working on a mossy? dave garwood? rick piper?

I did read some time back that Dave Garwood has a Mossie in the pipeline, a bomber version I seem to recall. Although F.B. Mk. VI is my personal favourite (because my Dad worked on them in WWII) any Mossie would be most welcome particularly if it is to Dave Garwood's standards.

Regards,

John N.

GT182
October 15th, 2010, 12:16
Thanks for the Mossie link Nick. Can't wait to hear that she's alive and in the air.

gera
October 15th, 2010, 13:18
YouŽll might be interested in knowing that Argentina built in 1946 the "I.A. 24 Calquin" based on the Mossie....

http://www.jrlucariny.com/Site2008/calquin/calquin.html

This model wih a few mods flies very nice in FSX....