PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw the Blue Angels

Navy Chief
October 14th, 2010, 12:54
I spent almost the entire last week in Pensacola, FL. Had a great time, but the best part was finally seeing the Blue Angels.

They flew a practice show at NAS Pensacola yesterday morning. Although I have seen countless videos/documentaries about the Blue Angels, I had never actually seen them fly for myself. I was a training coordinator with VFA-106 at NAS Cecil Field when the Blues transitioned from Skyhawks to Hornets, yet I'd not seen them perform!

I was filled with pride and a much-needed sense of patriotism. Their piloting skills, and the sheer power of those Hornets. Well, I was so impressed.

Go NAVAIR!

Navy Chief

rayrey10
October 14th, 2010, 17:42
I will hopefully get to see them at the air show at NAS Jax. I saw them once when I was a kid but don't remember much. Can't wait!

Bone
October 14th, 2010, 17:56
They just flew into Dobbins ARB, here in Atlanta today.

redfly
October 14th, 2010, 18:10
The first time I saw the Blues was back in their F-4 Phantom days at the Moose Jaw Int'l Air Show. I think I was about 4 or 5 years old. I remember one of the jets had an engine problem so the maintenance guys grabbed another engine from Fat Albert and did an engine change in about 20 minutes and never delayed the show. I'm lucky enough that I see them in Seattle for Sea-Fair every year. Working at Seatac Int'l Airport has it's advantages being just south of Boeing Field where they park so I see them take off for their practice runs and the shows. Watching them perform is still awe inspiring after almost 40 years :salute:

rayrey10
October 14th, 2010, 18:12
They just flew into Dobbins ARB, here in Atlanta today.

I was actually supposed to go to that air show but I have to run down the coast to Cocoa Beach, so I'm going to catch them in Jax.