PDA

View Full Version : OT:new pic on avitar,story behind it

Daveroo
October 14th, 2010, 09:08
ok..ive got a horrible pic on my avitar..BUT i happen to love it...its the "real me"..people say dont put that stuff on the net...but i used to hide everything and a stalker found me in less then one day ..it took me three years to get her off my back ...so all they need to do is get and IP addy and lie to the authourities and yer done....

anywho...i went to the doctor one day...i was messing with my new Iphone,,and sittin on the table..my dr..who is also a personal friend of mine..walks in..doesnt say a word..just stands there lookin at me with this look on his face...he snatches my phone out of my hand..and takes this pic of me..turns the phone aroound and shows it to me and says

"Really"?

appareantly my appearance wasnt up to his standards for the day......but i figured since i was going to be showin him my butt in about two minutes...my face didnt much mater....he said..no i wanna see pretty....told him not gonna happen...but ive been using this pic all over the place now....

Daveroo
October 14th, 2010, 14:44
whut??...if ya got nuffin nice to say? dont say nuffin at all?...sheesh i thought someone would tell me how ugly i was just o make me feel better about myself...lol

Naismith
October 14th, 2010, 14:49
Eeeeeeek! And I thought the sasquatch was a myth.

Tako_Kichi
October 14th, 2010, 14:53
Pah, you have nothing to worry about Daveroo! I don't look that good on a GOOD day!

brad kaste
October 14th, 2010, 15:13
Daveroo,....you look like one of the Flying Karamazov Brothers,....which is most cool. Don't change a thing....especially the beard.
p.s. The question is: Can you juggle?

Daveroo
October 14th, 2010, 19:09
Daveroo,....you look like one of the Flying Karamazov Brothers,....which is most cool. Don't change a thing....especially the beard.
p.s. The question is: Can you juggle?

depends on if you want me to juggle body parts.........

Trans_23
October 14th, 2010, 20:03
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Dave.

Lionheart
October 14th, 2010, 20:07
David,

There are probably a thousand people or more that would gladly trade bodies with you. You dont realise how lucky you are.

There are people out there without body limbs, stuck in wheel chairs, on a table with belts on, no spine, blind, cant hear, hit hard by cancer and on their 4th set of kimo therapy poison sessions with their insides on fire, unable to eat or sleep. Some are in mental homes, their minds out there in wonder land. Some are 'extreme cases of anorexia, living in a hospital retreat that is trying to save them. They put rocks in their socks and underwear to fool the doctors to thinking they are not losing weight, down to 60 pounds.

Make the best with what you have and count your blessings man. We do not realise how well we have it till we lose it. Take care of what you do have.

Picture doesnt look that bad, by the way. Just need to trim that beard and smile really big.

:d

Daveroo
October 14th, 2010, 20:44
David,

There are probably a thousand people or more that would gladly trade bodies with you. You dont realise how lucky you are.

There are people out there without body limbs, stuck in wheel chairs, on a table with belts on, no spine, blind, cant hear, hit hard by cancer and on their 4th set of kimo therapy poison sessions with their insides on fire, unable to eat or sleep. Some are in mental homes, their minds out there in wonder land. Some are 'extreme cases of anorexia, living in a hospital retreat that is trying to save them. They put rocks in their socks and underwear to fool the doctors to thinking they are not losing weight, down to 60 pounds.

Make the best with what you have and count your blessings man. We do not realise how well we have it till we lose it. Take care of what you do have.

Picture doesnt look that bad, by the way. Just need to trim that beard and smile really big.

:d

yeah Bill i know..i wasnt complaining..i was just showin this about my look..messed up hair..uncombed beard..half closed eyes...grubby tshirt..and im at the drs....i to am disabled..bad spine..use a wheelchair and power chair when i leave the house..life isnt fun in gneral for alot of people and we all have to enjoy what we have...the point to this was just to poke fun at myself for my own appearance...didnt mean to offend anyone...attached are scans of the latest xrays of my spine..they now come on paper sheets not film...

jmig
October 15th, 2010, 02:52
Jeezzzz! Are those pins?

Seagull V
October 15th, 2010, 03:16
Daveroo

Hope the doctor is helping out the best he can, some of the Medicos have the gift of being able to heal both body & soul. Sometimes the old body gets knocked about a bit more than it was meant to, and looks like you could write a Double Degree/PHD at university on that subject without having attended any lectures.

Sometimes I think that it is the disabled people who are more able than able-bodied persons,
especially when it comes to looking at the daily grind of life, which is a heck of a lot harder for some than others.

Keep that sense of humour up, hopefully it will inspire those who need some inspiration !!!!! :applause:

Lionheart
October 15th, 2010, 03:18
EEEKS Ka-bibbles!

Someone installed a bunch of drywall screws in your spinal colum!!!

How did that happen? What happened?

AckAck
October 15th, 2010, 06:27
Well, after reading the first post, I was going to ask where the picture of your butt was. Then you posted it later, so nevermind.

Brian

Daveroo
October 15th, 2010, 08:39
those are titanium screws,,,,so im told..4 have broken..you can clearly see two of them broken in those pics posted...i think they must be titanium coated at best...i set off the alarms at the local courthouse everytime i go...you have to pass through the main doors to go to the county museum..and ofcourse since i set off the alarms.....i go often....hehehehe.....but there are a total of 12...8 on the cross Xd pattern are 2 inches long and 1/4in in diamiter..the other 4 are 1 1/2 long and 3/8ths inchdia...and have washers you can see some if you look closely....the surgery was 19 hours without a break..he ( the dr) ate a bologni sandwich while working..lol...

how i did this....well...i was born with spondyolosis (the facet is fully formed) with conjoined nerve roots at L3..so i had trouble all my life and i also had degnerative disc deasese,then after 10 years of firefighting,,racing cars..many nasty crashes and years of hard labor as a plumber..ditch digging..90 pound air hammers being held at shoulder higth in manholes...wears on ya...BUT

i was working on august 11 1995....i had just asked this person to marry me....turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life..she was a pathological liar and thief...had me fooled from the getgo...

but i was to get off work at noon and return the work truck to my father ( he needed it at 1 pm) and i was to meet the woman at 3pm....ill never forget this...at 2:55pm..the horn on the truck began to blow...we had airhorns on it..hehehe....remember this is 1995 no cell phones persay..they were dash maounted "truck phones"..well its blastin away and i pulled my watch out of my pocket and saw it was 2:55pm..so instead of answering..i just threw my tools into my box and headed up stairs,,,,we were in a remodel of an old house..was built in 1854..as i got to the foot of the steps..i tripped over an extention cord...i was at a full run..i went down hard on the bottom few stepps..thing is..i had my ridgid brand holehawg drill motor with an 18inch by 1/4in drill chucked up....it hit me between the nipples....now i tell ya..when you think yer gonna die..time stands still...i felt that puncture my skin and i panic'd..i put both hands down on the step and tried to push off..at which time my right wrist collapsed and broke.......i felt myself go down farther and i shoved as hard as i could with my left arm and i felt myself litterly come off the ground and hit the wall where the hallway and the stair case met....at a right 90 degree angle...but i hit it with my back..bending me in half backwards...i laid on the floor a few minutes and let the dust stettle..when i heard someone throwup...i sorta popped myself back together..looked up the staircase and saw the carpinter..who was 92 years old...on his hands and knees throwing up..i got up went up to him and put my hand on his back...my right hand..something was wrong and i looked at my hand and it was turned backwards and my finger nails were embeded in my forearm...i snapped it back forward with a flip of my arm to which the man began to wretch and he screamed at me to leave.

i then just left my tools where they were and drove the truck to dads,took my car home and got in the shower..while in the shower my shower door opens and there stands my ex fire department partner Pete and he is cussing at me for leaving the scene of an accident...mind you im standing in the shower naked..Pete,two ambulance members and a cop are all in my bathroom by theis time...i kicked em all out and went to the bar to meet up with my "fiance" and she proceeded to scream at me for being late...didnt care that i had been hurt.....

then next day i could not get out of bed..it was saturday..so i spent sunday in bed too...she was livid.....monday i went to work..and my dad droveme to a local first aid like place...they treated my wrist and not my back...took 8 months to treat it....

when the cast came off my wrist..i went back to work for 2 weeks and kept asking my dr..when are you going to do something about my back??? he finally asked me what are you talking about?...havent worked since..and ya know?...i miss working...especailly fire fighting

Chacha
October 15th, 2010, 08:54
Oh Dave,

You are soooo blessed my friend!
You have friends,
You have family,
And best of all you are alive and well!

Come to think of a situation where you wake up one day and found out that
everything that you have ever known was a lie