PDA

View Full Version : Help with weird problem . . .

Killbilly
October 14th, 2010, 08:08
I recently bought a new computer and reinstalled FSX. It works great, but I just discovered that I can't add scenery areas anymore. I put the new scenery folder (containing a "scenery" and a "texture" folder) into the "Addon Scenery" folder in the main FSX directory as usual. I go to the scenery library and click "add area" as usual. I navigate to the new folder and a title appears in the scenery title window as usual. However, when I click "Okay", FSX just opens the folder I navigated to. If I click "Okay" with that folder open, nothing happens. In fact, the only way I can get back to the scenery library window is to click "Cancel". Any ideas what the problem might be? I miss my custom sceneries. Any help would be much appreciated.

spotlope
October 14th, 2010, 08:35
I recently bought a new computer and reinstalled FSX. It works great, but I just discovered that I can't add scenery areas anymore. I put the new scenery folder (containing a "scenery" and a "texture" folder) into the "Addon Scenery" folder in the main FSX directory as usual. I go to the scenery library and click "add area" as usual. I navigate to the new folder and a title appears in the scenery title window as usual. However, when I click "Okay", FSX just opens the folder I navigated to. If I click "Okay" with that folder open, nothing happens. In fact, the only way I can get back to the scenery library window is to click "Cancel". Any ideas what the problem might be? I miss my custom sceneries. Any help would be much appreciated.

Does the new PC run Windows 7, perchance? If so, this video might help: http://iblueyonder.com/video-tutorial-adding-scenery-to-fsx-in-windows-7/

MarkH
October 14th, 2010, 08:36
It's a known Win7 + FSX bug. Search for it here, the solution is clicking in the white space of one of the dialogs. Totally unintuitive, and I forget the details, sorry...

MarkH
October 14th, 2010, 08:37
Damn, too slow! Yep, you could watch Bill's nice toot-orial!

Killbilly
October 14th, 2010, 10:00
Thanks, gents. I am indeed running Win7. I'll check the tutorial.

This is what I love about this place. Thanks again.