PDA

View Full Version : Aerospatiale SA-2 Samson (from "Avatar")

Dain Arns
October 14th, 2010, 06:15
Nemeth's are working on a certain ducted-fan aircraft, from a little movie called, "Avatar".
I think some folks may have seen it, maybe not... :icon_lol:

Here is the link and some cockpit shots:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/6592-something-new-this-way-comes/

Dain Arns
October 14th, 2010, 06:18
Here is info on the SA-2 from the Avatar wiki, and an external shot from the wiki site as well so you have an idea what it looks like:
(No external screenshots from Nemeth's yet)

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Aerospatiale_SA-2_Samson

DaveKDEN
October 14th, 2010, 06:25
Typically I'm not much on fantasy stuff, but that's cool!

Bone
October 14th, 2010, 06:29
Typically I'm not much on fantasy stuff, but that's cool!

Same here. That's one I'll have to try out, though...maybe it'll come with CG Michelle Rodriguez...

peter12213
October 14th, 2010, 07:29
And me but that will be worth trying! Cockpit reminds me of a Blackhawk a bit!

Sundog
October 14th, 2010, 08:05
Very cool. Added to the list.

YoYo
October 14th, 2010, 08:31
For me: forget this subject, waste of time :( . Will be Better than They finish his Chinook, with all due respect to Nemeth

James
October 16th, 2010, 09:27
me want.:icon_lol:

tanocapo
October 16th, 2010, 10:04
For me: forget this subject, waste of time :( . Will be Better than They finish his Chinook, with all due respect to Nemeth

I can't agree with you more!! I'm not really into fantastic ships/crafts.

Roadburner440
October 16th, 2010, 11:43
The Chinook model is not completely finished yet so they won't be able to start on that. The finishing touches are going on that model though.. They have the A-109 already, and are working on that. The Chinook is not to far behind. The SA-2 will be a fun craft. Just wait and see.

Dain Arns
October 16th, 2010, 11:53
The Chinook model is not completely finished yet so they won't be able to start on that. The finishing touches are going on that model though.. They have the A-109 already, and are working on that. The Chinook is not to far behind. The SA-2 will be a fun craft. Just wait and see.

I guess some people don't like to have fun, and feel compelled to let everyone else know it. :icon_lol:
I'm with you in the 'Fun' camp... :wavey:

2Low
October 16th, 2010, 12:07
When I saw the movie I thought "That would be so cool in FSX." Now it's happening, sweet.

A little Sci-Fi/Fantacy in our fantacy world can be fun. Looking forward to this one for sure.

falcon409
October 16th, 2010, 13:51
I guess some people don't like to have fun, and feel compelled to let everyone else know it. :icon_lol:
I'm with you in the 'Fun' camp...
Yep, I agree Dain. . .this will be a blast, I have no doubt. . .and maybe, just maybe a few of those who profess to see no interest in "fantasy" will secretly be scooping this one up the second it's available, lol.:salute:

Piglet
October 16th, 2010, 19:21
those who profess to see no interest in "fantasy"They just make me want to build MORE Sci-Fi and fantasy vehicles!:jump:

OleBoy
October 16th, 2010, 19:49
Haha...that's neat. It looks like strange helicopter. Has that means of rotary flight configuration ever been used on a real helicopter? Not to my recollection?

Dain Arns
October 16th, 2010, 20:27
Haha...that's neat. It looks like strange helicopter. Has that means of rotary flight configuration ever been used on a real helicopter? Not to my recollection?

Well...in a certain way, yes...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_X-22
(Yes, all 4 ducted fans did tilt)

Dain Arns
October 16th, 2010, 20:31
They just make me want to build MORE Sci-Fi and fantasy vehicles!:jump:

I was thinking how cool this would look on a certain mobile airfield...

falcon409
October 16th, 2010, 21:57
Well...in a certain way, yes...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_X-22
(Yes, all 4 ducted fans did tilt)
Yep Kazunori Ito did a pretty decent rendition of the X-22.

ericts
October 16th, 2010, 22:46

Excellent! All part of the plan! :jump:

YoYo
October 17th, 2010, 01:55
The Chinook is not to far behind
But I prefer real heli :wiggle: (so many people, so many opinion). Ok, I will wait for Your/Nemeth Chinook (I very like Vietnam in background) and will be the first customer :running:

warchild
October 17th, 2010, 02:12
heheh. after being in Nam, I'll gladly take a good fantasy.. That Samson looks pretty good. Definitely gonna have to get it ( and i dont normally buy choppers )..

AusWilko
October 17th, 2010, 04:17
I will get it for sure

Dain Arns
October 17th, 2010, 10:29
Ryan Mason posted an interesting quote over at HC:

It's hilarious to fly right now with such a basic flight model, but it is really cool from an external view when you push a pedal and watch the whole assembly move.
I know it's been commented over at the Nemeth forum that a lot of 'new tech' is going into this one.
Sort of a "technology demonstrator", so to speak.

falcon409
October 17th, 2010, 11:02
Yep Kazunori Ito did a pretty decent rendition of the X-22.
lol, I meant to put a screenshot with this post and walked off without doing so. . .corrected:

Dain Arns
October 17th, 2010, 12:35
Ito-san has also done the "Whispercraft" from "The 6th Day".

Bjoern
October 17th, 2010, 14:24

Oh, I'm all into fantasy vehicles! I can't live without them! Give me more! More! MORE!

;P

P.S: Nice textures in that VC.

YoYo
October 22nd, 2010, 07:27
http://openvfr.freyt.de/magento/index.php/downloads/openvfr-fantasia.html

Good scenery for this kind of copter ;)