PDA

View Full Version : AVG 2011 is here!

OBIO
October 13th, 2010, 09:45
I had a "pop up" from AVG telling me that it was time to upgrade my AVG to the new 2011 version. At first, this got my alarms going...pop ups dealing with antivirus generally means a trojan or someother nasty thing has gotten into a system. But I remembered that the last thing I did before going to bed at 5 this morning was to run a full system sweep with AVG. So, I went to the AVG site and there it was....AVG 2011. Downloaded and installed. I run the free version.

So, for those who use AVG Free..go grab the new version. Not sure what changes have been made to it, but did notice that the interface looks a better.

OBIO

Dain Arns
October 13th, 2010, 11:53
I had a "pop up" from AVG telling me that it was time to upgrade my AVG to the new 2011 version. At first, this got my alarms going...pop ups dealing with antivirus generally means a trojan or someother nasty thing has gotten into a system. But I remembered that the last thing I did before going to bed at 5 this morning was to run a full system sweep with AVG. So, I went to the AVG site and there it was....AVG 2011. Downloaded and installed. I run the free version.

So, for those who use AVG Free..go grab the new version. Not sure what changes have been made to it, but did notice that the interface looks a better.

OBIO

Thanks, for the HU! I've been happy with AVG all the years I've been using it now.
Means I just finished my last scan with 2010 this morning. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
October 13th, 2010, 16:39
I have really appreciated it all these years. Its saved me many times. I decided a few weeks ago to go with the payware version. I purchased the multiple license package. I think its good for 5 computers. Cant remember. Just put it on the laptop.

Really is a sweet system. Right now, they are going through the 'learning' phase of what has permissions and what doesnt. Interesting to see what tries to call home from my units. Also, love the automated updates it does on a daily basis. They must have a HUGE website to handle all those daily updates from around the world..