PDA

View Full Version : AT802F "Fire Boss" Amphib and the "Air Tanker" soon to be released by FSN Development

pilotdave1970
October 13th, 2010, 08:38
I am proud to announce the line of Air Tractors for FSX SP2/Acceleration will be made by Flight Sim Nation Development Group. A very powerful single engine turbine plane. This aircraft is used for firefighting which is the AT-802 Fire Boss, there are two other versions, a crop spraying version and a military version packed with armament. Our plans are to release every version that Air Tractor has made. All of these planes will be packed with fully functional VC's and missions to keep you busy fighting fires and spraying crops, an integrated grading system will be included to give you your score. Missions will be consistently released.

The exciting part is that we have real life Air Tractor Pilots BETA testing the aircraft so that our planes are as close to exact as we can get, including the sounds. I have had the privilege to fly it and the turbines just scream. Turn up your speakers and enjoy this bad boy.

Please email me if you have any questions, comments or requests for this plane. We will keep you updated on it.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/pilotdave1970/fsn_at802_10042010_4.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/pilotdave1970/fsn_at802_10042010_2med.jpg

peter12213
October 13th, 2010, 10:19
Well I'm interested in this at least lol! I was just Reading about the fire boss strangely enough And was wondering what it would be like to fly it now looks like I will be able too lol!

Kiwikat
October 13th, 2010, 11:17
I look forward to the crop dusting variants! Seen her spraying trees for gypsy moths (I think) in a state park before. Really really cool. :jump:

merida72
October 13th, 2010, 12:02
very very interesting...

warchild
October 13th, 2010, 12:05
I think this plane looks extremely promising. Looking forward to flying it myself one day. The fact you have pilots testing is a major help in that decision..

Roger
October 13th, 2010, 12:19
You'll have no problems updating us all in this forum. We welcome bona fide developers for our hobby:salute:

Cag40Navy
October 13th, 2010, 13:27
You guys are bringing back memories when i used to operate the AT-802 or other SEAT's. Thank you guys. I look forward to this package. Time to have us some fun! Oh and dont forget the Taildraggin AT-802 fire fighting version.

calypsos
October 13th, 2010, 13:32
From the look of things, you must have experienced developers in your team for that project. I have seen the fire bomber and crop duster here in Spain, but never an amphibian version!

Although having a real world 'type rated' pilot is a very good thing, having about half a dozen 'nit-picking', awkward and very hard to please beta desktop virtual pilots will score you just as much kudos in the FS world.

Dain Arns
October 13th, 2010, 13:49
...Although having a real world 'type rated' pilot is a very good thing, having about half a dozen 'nit-picking', awkward and very hard to please beta desktop virtual pilots will score you just as much kudos in the FS world.

Well said! :applause: :icon_lol:

pilotdave1970
October 13th, 2010, 15:43
Our plans are to release all models of the Air Tractor. A release date is projected on December 15 for the "Fire Boss" and the "Air Tanker". I will keep you all posted here as information comes available. We plan to launch as website tailored to the Air Tanker this coming weekend. I will post the URL as soon as we get it online.

Thanks guys :)

More Soon

pilotdave1970
October 13th, 2010, 16:31
We appreciate all feedback as well. We are planning on releasing all variants of the Air Tractor ever made. On December 15 we will plan on releasing the "Fire Boss" and the Wheeled Version of the "Fire Boss" or the "Air Tanker". A mission will come out for each aircraft.

I will keep you guys posted as information comes available.

Thanks guys :)

pilotdave1970
October 13th, 2010, 16:51
You guys are bringing back memories when i used to operate the AT-802 or other SEAT's. Thank you guys. I look forward to this package. Time to have us some fun! Oh and dont forget the Taildraggin AT-802 fire fighting version.

We will be producing them all.

anthony31
October 13th, 2010, 16:54
This looks very interesting.

There are about 30 AT-802's operating in Australia but I don't think any of them are amphibian or fire fighting (while we have a lot of fires in Australia we don't have many lakes to fill up from). Mostly they are crop dusters (probably flat out right now attacking the locust plague) so I hope you guys do a crop duster version.

pilotdave1970
October 13th, 2010, 17:30
This looks very interesting.

There are about 30 AT-802's operating in Australia but I don't think any of them are amphibian or fire fighting (while we have a lot of fires in Australia we don't have many lakes to fill up from). Mostly they are crop dusters (probably flat out right now attacking the locust plague) so I hope you guys do a crop duster version.

That is for sure in the plans to make the AT-802 Ag version. The Ag or Crop Duster version will be next after the two Firefighting planes. Then we will do the military version the 802U with all the armament. We are covering every Air Tractor ever made.

Brian_Gladden
October 13th, 2010, 19:05
Looking forward to these. I hope you include the two seat SEAT (Tanker) version as well. Forest protection limited in Newfoundland has several of this version. I had a few nice E-mail's with their chief pilot a while back when I released my FS 2004 Fire Boss/SEAT and Duster.

pilotdave1970
October 13th, 2010, 19:24
Looking forward to these. I hope you include the two seat SEAT (Tanker) version as well. Forest protection limited in Newfoundland has several of this version. I had a few nice E-mail's with their chief pilot a while back when I released my FS 2004 Fire Boss/SEAT and Duster.

Awesome man, as of right now the only two seater on the drawing board will be the AT-802U which is the military version, but you never know what the future will bring.

OleBoy
October 13th, 2010, 19:29
These 802's are nice planes right along with the Agwagon and AgTruck.
.....Looking forward to seeing this released.

Do you have anymore screen shots of your development you can tease us with? Would love to see more!!

pilotdave1970
October 13th, 2010, 19:42
These 802's are nice planes right along with the Agwagon and AgTruck.
.....Looking forward to seeing this released.

Do you have anymore screen shots of your development you can tease us with? Would love to see more!!

We will have some pictures coming out this weekend without bump and spec. The team is building a website just for the Air Tractor, so you will get all the info and pictures you desire. There will be some free HD wallpaper images you can download.

Dave

JayKae
October 13th, 2010, 22:27
Credit card is ready to go!

pilotdave1970
October 14th, 2010, 06:07
Awesome guys, thank for the comments we appreciate it. We are working around the clock this week to get the website up and running, and lining up our real world Air Tractor pilots to get them ready to start testing the airplanes for us.

More soon...If you guys have any questions I am open to all of them and suggestions as well.

Thanks again guys,

pilotdave1970
October 14th, 2010, 13:03
Wow guys it's been a long week, we are cranking away on the release package for December 15. We have been working around the clock some 18 hour days spent on getting the website completed. We plan to launch the website this weekend with some cool FREE downloads. I will post the URL for the website when the Chief says we are good to go. Also, along with the website will be a forum for you to post and get the latest updated information. Talk to you guys soon.....

pilotdave1970
October 15th, 2010, 09:06
Our new website for the Air Tractor is almost done. Will launch Saturday morning!

OleBoy
October 15th, 2010, 09:53
In hopes you bring the 802, real world realism, to us for the best virtual simulation possible, good luck. I mean that in a positive manner.

Here's to seeing the 802 take flight in FSX :ernae:

pilottj
October 15th, 2010, 10:59
looks like it would be the ultimate bush plane too, especially with an empty cargo. looking foward to this one :) I really enjoyed Brian's Air Tractor for FS9 back in the day :jump:

pilotdave1970
October 15th, 2010, 15:45
In hopes you bring the 802, real world realism, to us for the best virtual simulation possible, good luck. I mean that in a positive manner.

Here's to seeing the 802 take flight in FSX :ernae:

Sure thing my friend, we currently have 1 real world Air Tractor pilot that will be BETA testing it for us. We are well supported by the "Real World" Air Tractor pilots. Due to the fact that this plane has been overlooked for FSX. We are now taking the Air Tractor to a level that has never been done before. I am sure you will enjoy it.

pilotdave1970
October 15th, 2010, 15:59
Get prepared for the "Air Tractor" website. We are near completion of the site and will be inviting you within 24hrs. We will offer FREE downloads of wallpapers and signature banners. We also will have a forum for you to join and post away as you wish.

:)

OleBoy
October 16th, 2010, 04:05
http://www.fsairtractor.com/

FSN
October 16th, 2010, 07:28
After 4 days and 64 hours of non stop hard labor, Flight Sim Nation Development Group is proud to announce the launch of our website in support of our Air Tractor Series for FSX.
The new site lists all the models in production, pilot profiles on the beta testers who are real life Air Tractor pilots, Developer Diaries, Tips & Tricks for handling the AT802F and systems, Info and specs on the AT802F "Fire Boss" and "Air Tanker", Banners, Wallpapers and sigs.

We've also announced the release date, the price and new info detailing the first Mission "Chaos In Columbia". There's links to our new You Tube channel and Facebook Group, New forums, Links and a whole lot more.

The site is designed to not only promote our Air Tractor for FSX but to bring out the yet unexplored genre of AG Flying and Aerial Firefighting in flight sim. Users on the site will be able to gain valuable insight on how to operate their Air Tractor and it's systems and emulate how things are done in the real world.

The site also features a handy toolbar where you can view our photo gallery of new pics just released of the Air Tractor, direct links to our facebook and you tube channels and a cool lil chat where users can chat using text, video and audio. A note about the toolbar however. Since it doesn't overlay with flash, it hides the features behind the site so to view the toolbar features, simply scroll the the site up to reveal the toolbar features.

During this launch weekend of the 16th and 17th we're drawing from users who sign up on our forums this weekend for a free copy of the Air Tractor AT802F and we'll announce the winner on monday. Visit the site at www.fsairtractor.com (http://www.fsairtractor.com/)

Cag40Navy
October 16th, 2010, 07:55
The Tanker variants (both the Fire Boss and the wheeled F) have 2 seater variants. Sometimes the 2-seater would become guide aircraft after they drop there own load of retardant. I remember this when i was working some of the canyon fires.

FSN
October 16th, 2010, 08:10
Yup, Our first 2 seater will be the AT802U but we may go back and hit the other models and make em a two seater. The great thing about us doing nothing but Air Tractors is we'll be able to go back and improve, introduce new features and so forth on all our releases.

I'd like to also take a minute here to thank the admins and users here at SOH. We're overwhelmed by the interest and excitement you guys are providing and your support means everything to us so thanks so much from myself and the whole team.

monk1
October 16th, 2010, 09:57
Nice site, and pricing already announced! My credit card is on ready alert. :salute:

Daveroo
October 16th, 2010, 13:19
oh my "Uncle Walt Darran"!!!!! is a tester? wow boys this will be realistic...this is guy the real deal when it comes to airtankers....he flew for Cal Fire CDF for many years and i heard him regularly on the scanner working fires with Joe Hoser Satrapa....now im really jazzed....i was up before but dang...if hes testing this for "realisum" hokeysmoke bullwinkle.....(im not being a smartalek)

and what is 25CDN is dollars?USA dollars i mean.....

2Low
October 16th, 2010, 13:27
...and what is 25CDN is dollars?USA dollars i mean.....

Roughly $25

FSN
October 16th, 2010, 13:53
Hi Dave, Yes it's the same Walt. He's one of of many pilots we hope to get on board to help us out. You know to be honest with you I wasn't really planning on this thing being super realistic at first. I was shooting for a higher fun factor over realism but as time went on I think the realism started to emerge.

Over the last week I've been contacted by a few AT pilots and fire fighting companies all showing interest and made me realize how the AT for FSX is transcending over to real life. It's been very exciting to watch it all unfold. I'm still unsure how realistic it's going to be but we're sure going to give it our best.

As I mentioned before, all we plan to do is AT's so we'll be able to take some time and fine tune things and add offer regular updates to systems and that sort of thing to all of our aircraft, even if it's a year after it's released. I think that method along with regular missions will keep ppl in the cockpit for a long time and will enable us to put out something that's as close to realistic as we can.

I can tell you now though that we plan on getting as close to the FRDS (fire retardant dispersal system) as it is in real life as it's such a big part of the plane. We have the famous Daniel Dunn programming for us and master modeler Bruce Fitzgerald modeling it so I'm confident we'll nail it right out of the gate.

Any-hoo, thanks for the interest. I'm hoping we're not being too much of a pain posting so much here, replying to each post. If so let me know. Cheers guys!

Daveroo
October 16th, 2010, 14:50
Hi Dave, Yes it's the same Walt. He's one of of many pilots we hope to get on board to help us out. You know to be honest with you I wasn't really planning on this thing being super realistic at first. I was shooting for a higher fun factor over realism but as time went on I think the realism started to emerge.

Over the last week I've been contacted by a few AT pilots and fire fighting companies all showing interest and made me realize how the AT for FSX is transcending over to real life. It's been very exciting to watch it all unfold. I'm still unsure how realistic it's going to be but we're sure going to give it our best.

As I mentioned before, all we plan to do is AT's so we'll be able to take some time and fine tune things and add offer regular updates to systems and that sort of thing to all of our aircraft, even if it's a year after it's released. I think that method along with regular missions will keep ppl in the cockpit for a long time and will enable us to put out something that's as close to realistic as we can.

I can tell you now though that we plan on getting as close to the FRDS (fire retardant dispersal system) as it is in real life as it's such a big part of the plane. We have the famous Daniel Dunn programming for us and master modeler Bruce Fitzgerald modeling it so I'm confident we'll nail it right out of the gate.

Any-hoo, thanks for the interest. I'm hoping we're not being too much of a pain posting so much here, replying to each post. If so let me know. Cheers guys!

as far as replying to the posts..keep it up..i ( among many others im sure) like it when people respond..so as long as you have the time and patcience to reply..please do so.....ive said this many times on SOH..but im an exfirefighter and worked under tankers many times..they saved my sorrybutt more than once so i love to fly them in the flight simulator...but i also am an avid (rabbid?) fan of airtractors.....i fell in love with them the first time i saw one in the San jauquin Valley....i had seen the agcat G164...and piper pawnees...but had never seen an airtractor...it was a 504? or 501?..not sure the designation but was a 500 series..it was my uncles on his ranch/farm ( which in still in flight sim as "Willis ranch",cant think of the number)BIG round engine and sounded soooo wonderfull as the pilot swung it around over the crops...he landed and i got to sit in it ...weeeeeeeeee.....cant wait.....

also i read reciently in one of the flying subject mags...someone took the hopper out of an 802 and put a fuel tank in..had like a 7 or 8 hour flight time?...but i have a "dream" planes...a single seat 802F with a fuel tank instead of a hopper or retardant tank...only the fuel tank would be half the space..the other half (top areea) open for golf clubs...dufflebag ect...and just fly around having fun ......

OleBoy
October 16th, 2010, 18:02
We have the famous Daniel Dunn programming for us and master modeler Bruce Fitzgerald modeling it so I'm confident we'll nail it right out of the gate.

I wondered if this model was a joint venture. I'm very aware of Dan and his work. Mr. Fitzgerald I've read of him in the space shuttle types but have never downloaded that stuff.

FSN
October 16th, 2010, 18:04
I wondered if this model was a joint venture. I'm very aware of Dan and his work. Mr. Fitzgerald I've read of him in the space shuttle types but have never downloaded that stuff.

Ya, most of these projects are joint ventures. When you get guys this talented, they're usually in high demand.

calypsos
October 17th, 2010, 08:41
I was out walking in our local hills this afternoon when a small burn, turned into a huge wildfire, as we watched from an adjacent hill!

Within 30 minutes we had 3 helos (two Bell 212/412 and a giant Kamov Ka-26 all with bambi buckets), a top cover controller in a Cessna Skymaster and two Fire Boss water bombers! I took a load of shots, but these two show just how much retardant a Fire Boss can lay down.

Alas, the Canadairs that we have in the summer were stood down for the winter last week, so I missed a really spectacular display! The fire is now out, but not before covering at least two whole hill sides.

Daveroo
October 17th, 2010, 09:55
I was out walking in our local hills this afternoon when a small burn, turned into a huge wildfire, as we watched from an adjacent hill!

Within 30 minutes we had 3 helos (two Bell 212/412 and a giant Kamov Ka-26 all with bambi buckets), a top cover controller in a Cessna Skymaster and two Fire Boss water bombers! I took a load of shots, but these two show just how much retardant a Fire Boss can lay down.

Alas, the Canadairs that we have in the summer were stood down for the winter last week, so I missed a really spectacular display! The fire is now out, but not before covering at least two whole hill sides.

they still use the skymaster is spain?..cool to know..any pics of on?..im thinking a paint is needed for my FSD 337..have a cal fire green one or whatever that color is..lol...
but as far as the retardant load on the 802..its 800 US gallons for US forest service..not sure for Spains regulations...but 800 gallons is a whole bunch..the Cal Fire grumman S2F trackers before they were trubo proped to the S2T config were 800 gallon

my point is...lol...the 802 can drop ALOT of mud in a short time if the ATB is close by

california has a multi-engine rule so we dont see the SEATs here unless over the forest service lands...but the Calfire ATBs arre placed so they cover the forests..so no need for the SEATs

Kiwikat
October 17th, 2010, 10:36
So how much longer do you think the tractor version will take to develop?

I'm not really interested in the firefighters, but I'll definitely pick up a crop duster!

FSN
October 17th, 2010, 10:50
We're releasing Dec15th. All the info is on our site www.fsairtractor.com (http://www.fsairtractor.com)

Kiwikat
October 17th, 2010, 10:57
We're releasing Dec15th. All the info is on our site www.fsairtractor.com (http://www.fsairtractor.com)

Is that just the fire version? The site seems to imply it. I'm wondering about the crop dusting variants.

FSN
October 17th, 2010, 11:31
yes, on the 15th we're releasing the AT802F which includes the "Fire Boss" (Amphib) and the Air Tranker (wheeled) with a mission for each.

The next one out the hangar will be the sprayer then the gunship. We're releasing em as they're listed on our site.

calypsos
October 17th, 2010, 13:47
they still use the skymaster is spain?..cool to know..any pics of on?..

I got some shots of the Bells and the Kamov, but the Skymaster stayed up high, circling at about 4,000 ft all the time. I heard him first, before I saw him!

I suggest a seach at Airliners.net under Spain will bring something up, it is based in Granada Airport and is from memory (having seen it on the pan there) basically white.

skyhawka4m
October 17th, 2010, 19:48
hell I want the gunship....

FSN
October 18th, 2010, 06:16
Thanks to all you guys for signing up to the new site this past weekend. We drew a random name from people who signed up and we're happy to announce that user Cag40Navy has won a copy of the Air Tractor AT802F when it releases Decemember 15th. Congrats and keep an eye out for more copies to be given out as prizes in the near future.

We've also started adding some entries into the Devloper Diaries I think you guys will dig.

pilotdave1970
October 18th, 2010, 12:29
Quoted by Vance, Project Director for Flight Sim Nation Developer Group

"I just gotta take a second here and share my excitement about the support we've been recieving this past week from people who work with the Air Tractor in real life. I've been flooded with emails from real life AT pilots, aerial fire fighting companies who want to use our AT as part of their pilot training programs and people who work with the AT on many levels.

Today I recieved a nice note from the guys over at Trotter Controls who makes the FRDS (Fire Retardant Dispersal System) for the Air Tractor AT802F. They offered to help us in anyway they can and stuff like that just makes my day. I'm pretty sure that we're the first developer for flight sim to get so much support from the actual manufacturer and it's associated companies.

Each day passes and we get more support from companies who make the Air Tractor and it's components we and learn more about the Air Tractor and it's systems and this all translates into a better product for you so I just want to say thanks here on the forums to all the folx who work with the Air Tractor in the real world who are sharing their knowledge with us and supporting us in ways we've never dreamed. Cheers!"

Cag40Navy
October 18th, 2010, 13:48
Sweet Stuff! Thank you very much you guys.

Daveroo
October 19th, 2010, 08:58
sign up where? on what?...umm i know you mean the other website....sign up for the forum?

pilotdave1970
October 19th, 2010, 10:35
sign up where? on what?...umm i know you mean the other website....sign up for the forum?

www.fsairtractor.com (http://www.fsairtractor.com)

We have a forum there that you can read and post in...thanks guys

FSN
October 20th, 2010, 06:20
Added a few more pics of putting the Tractor through it's paces...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sGZqdesI/AAAAAAAAAFs/HJklqRV7Ius/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_1.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sJisYFWI/AAAAAAAAAGA/E0gclWLIORo/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_6.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sLMES2DI/AAAAAAAAAGM/UwTlgiy_lYQ/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_9.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sLXqTCPI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/_LgDPQj24T0/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_10.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sMFVY0OI/AAAAAAAAAGU/Ro--jonZLqA/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_11.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sM3vUT9I/AAAAAAAAAGY/AyLgSFEtYVc/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_12.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sNtE0-eI/AAAAAAAAAGc/2Vl4L9NvnTI/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_13.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sOT6YNwI/AAAAAAAAAGg/oi-kRu9EasE/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_14.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sPNCteaI/AAAAAAAAAGk/hXk8VdfdJHk/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_15.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Uh1CpVCsT-o/TL7sQIYWZWI/AAAAAAAAAGo/Kfi-KOJt1v4/s720/fsn_at802_10202010_16.jpg

heliman206
October 20th, 2010, 07:19
AMAZING!!

pilotdave1970
October 21st, 2010, 19:21
We are doing very well in the "Fire Boss" She is beginning to look sweet. We are working on developing the first mission as well, for the "Fire Boss". Coordinates are being marked out for fire placement etc....

FSN
October 22nd, 2010, 13:11
Our Air Tractor makes it's first video debut during recent water drop tests up north. Just pasted the link as the you boob embed doesn't seem to be working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHtxjTO1hnI

pilotdave1970
October 23rd, 2010, 22:14
The "Fire Boss" is coming a long. We took a day off today to chill out with our families. We have been nose to the grindind wheel and we needed a break today. We will hit it again, tomorrow (Sunday). I have started to write a flight manual for the "Fire Boss". Walt Darran our Chief Pilot with over 24,000 hours, he has flown every plane imaginable. He will be starting to BETA test this bad boy and letting us know how this aircrafts flight dynamics are to the real world plane. We are so lucky to have this guy on board. He will make sure our planes are spot on. Thats about all I have for the moment, stop by and see our website if you have not and register in the forums.

See you guys and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ciao

Daveroo
October 24th, 2010, 10:09
The "Fire Boss" is coming a long. We took a day off today to chill out with our families. We have been nose to the grindind wheel and we needed a break today. We will hit it again, tomorrow (Sunday). I have started to write a flight manual for the "Fire Boss". Walt Darran our Chief Pilot with over 24,000 hours, he has flown every plane imaginable. He will be starting to BETA test this bad boy and letting us know how this aircrafts flight dynamics are to the real world plane. We are so lucky to have this guy on board. He will make sure our planes are spot on. Thats about all I have for the moment, stop by and see our website if you have not and register in the forums.

See you guys and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ciao

if you have personal contact with Mr Darran...tell him thanks for all hes done for the state of california and the people and firefighters would you?...thanks Dave

FSN
October 24th, 2010, 11:19
Will do Davaroo. We speak daily and will pass that along.

tankerguy72
October 24th, 2010, 14:49
Great Job on the AT 802!!!:salute: i just happened across this thread and its an amazing job you guys have done! Checked out your site also and i cannot wait to add this tanker to my collection! Great timing also because we just got a couple AT 802's that flew in here to Hemet, CA a few weeks ago and another one in Ramona, CA a month or so ago looking for contracts from Cal Fire and i got to check them out! Thanks love what youve done so far!

Jeremy

Cag40Navy
October 24th, 2010, 15:02
And there it is! The magical 2 seater. (Comes with both the wheels and amphib)

FSN
October 24th, 2010, 15:28
Thanks Tankerguy. Ya,the 2 seater is optional.

pilotdave1970
October 25th, 2010, 11:12
Great Job on the AT 802!!!:salute: i just happened across this thread and its an amazing job you guys have done! Checked out your site also and i cannot wait to add this tanker to my collection! Great timing also because we just got a couple AT 802's that flew in here to Hemet, CA a few weeks ago and another one in Ramona, CA a month or so ago looking for contracts from Cal Fire and i got to check them out! Thanks love what youve done so far!

Jeremy

Thanks man, glad you like it

pilotdave1970
October 26th, 2010, 19:38
Hey guys, we have been a little quiet here and we want to give you an update. I want to post a message from our Project Director, here it is as quoted.

"Hi Gang, We haven't been out of the shop much this last week. We've been pretty busy behind the scenes. I'm working on some stuff I hope to announce soon that's very exciting and I've been busy getting some new systems and tools implemented for the team to help us out.

We're also going back and revisitng the floats. We've been noticing they're not quite right so with the help from our freinds over at Wipaire who make the Wipaire 10000 Floats for the Fire Boss, we're gonna redo them so they're to scale and add in the scooping system which I originally decided to leave out. My reasoning at the time was that they'd be under water and no one would see em and also at the time the project was going to be more for fun than realism. This is going to make the plane bigger and it'll look bad ass with that wide stance.

We've started the FRDS (Fire Retardant Dispersal System) this week and with help from the guys over at Trotter Controls who make the system, we've started modeling, artwork and programming on the FRDS. We're planning on making it work exactly as it does on the real aircraft so that's pretty exciting.

I'm hoping to make a big announcement by the end of the week so stay tuned for a press release from us. Cheers!

We will have more soon.....www.fsairtractor.com

tankerguy72
October 27th, 2010, 13:27
Great News! I vote for the realism factor! cant wait for this aircraft to come out sounds like alot of hard work going into the smallest of details:salute:

pilotdave1970
November 10th, 2010, 09:55
Wow guys so much is happening.....here we go.....

There's some great things happening and now we can finally share them with you.

We've now partnered with Fire Boss LLC (www.firebossllc.com (http://www.firebossllc.com)) who make the Air Tractor Fire Boss AT802F. We are working closely with the guys at Fire Boss LLC to ensure our Fire Boss kicks as much butt in flight sim as it does in real life. Having the blessing and support from an aircraft manufacturer is rare and this translates into a better aircraft for our flight sim customers. We're excited to be working with the guys at Fire Boss LLC in bringing their AT802F Fire Boss to the virtual world of Flight Sim.

We've purchased virtual property at Andras Field (www.andrasfield.com (http://www.andrasfield.com)) where we'll house our European Training Facility. Our Chief Pilot and Beta Tester Walt Darran has also stepped up to be our Chief Of Operations there. Walt will be helping in teaching and mentoring our flight sim customers in learning how to fly their Air Tractor and how to conduct virtual fire fighting operations based on real world techniques. Working with Mathijs at Aerosoft has been a great experience and we now have a good place where future Air Tractor pilots can come and learn how to fly their aircraft and learn some fire fighting operations from real Air Tractor and Fire Boss pilots. If you own the Andras Field scenery, look for our facility near runway 9 in the next update. Stop by and have a look at our static ai Air Tractor in development in our lot in the next update from Aerosoft.
Related Links

www.firebossllc.com (http://www.firebossllc.com)
www.andrasfield.com (http://www.andrasfield.com)
www.fsairtractor.com (http://www.fsairtractor.com)

airattackimages
November 10th, 2010, 11:14
Wow awesome! I still can't get over how cool it is that you have Walt Darran involved in the project.

:salute:

FSN
November 10th, 2010, 19:20
Thanks man. We just rolled out our FRDS tonight as well...

tankerguy72
November 10th, 2010, 23:49
Looks just like the one in the cockpit! You guys are doing great work.

FSN
November 12th, 2010, 05:48
Thanks dude!

tankerguy72
November 13th, 2010, 13:43
Hey do you guys have any pics for the wheeled version???

pilotdave1970
November 18th, 2010, 08:32
Hey do you guys have any pics for the wheeled version???

Not yet we are still building the wheeled version..we will post pics as soon as we it built:jump:

pilotdave1970
November 18th, 2010, 08:45
Another Milestone has been reached in the Air Tractor Project.

Flight Sim Nation Development Group, the designers behind the Air Tractor series for Flight Simulator 10 announced today another partnership with manufacturers involved in the production of the real Air Tractor. Trotter Controls who makes the FRDS (Fire Retardant Dispersal System) have signed on in supporting the dev group and have become an official partner.

Chris Story of Trotter Controls said "The FRDS you've made for your flight sim Air Tractor looks great! We're all real excited over here, we can't wait to get our hands on it.”
Flight Sim Nation Dev Group Director Vance Dylan added "Having Trotter Controls on board is another big step forward in getting all the companies involved in making Air Tractors supporting our project and helping us develop our Tractor for flight sim as realistic as we can get it. It's a very exciting time for us and our future customers"

The Gen I FRDS in the FSN AT802F "Fire Boss" and "Air Tanker will work exactly as it does in the real world with all three modes of auto, manual and pneumatic E dump. They're also including auto salvo which ships with the more recent Gen I version. The FRDS system will allow virtual Fire Boss pilots to select the type of water and retardant drop with selectable coverage type depending on speed, gallons selected, length of ground line and amount of foam mix. A fully functioning PSI system that operates the fire gate is also included complete with valve cycling during pre flight. The beauty of this system is that it works for all skill levels. Users will be able to dive deep into the FRDS system and use it to it's fullest capabilities or they can switch it to manual mode or E Dump and simply drop the full load.

For more information visit the Air Tractor project for FSX at www.fsairtractor.com (http://www.fsairtractor.com)

Anneke
February 11th, 2011, 06:39
Still in existence? Any news about this group. Read somewhere that it was due to be released but it's fewb already and still haven't seen much?

Vapor....?

OleBoy
February 11th, 2011, 07:06
Don't get your hopes up too much. Unfortunately they had problems in the developers end...and, it's a guessing game now.

stiz
February 11th, 2011, 07:18
a quick 2 mins check on their site get you this from january this year :)

http://flightsimnation.net/forum/index.php?topic=330.0

OleBoy
February 11th, 2011, 07:30
While not meant to attempt dousing a fire, the email I received..and other source, the release remains to be seen. But OK

stiz
February 11th, 2011, 09:24
ah, well i wasnt privey to that info when i looked :) Hoepfully it will get released one way or the other, its a cracking looking plane!

FSN
February 11th, 2011, 11:40
The skinny is that we've had some problems with our modeler and it's set us back. We're now scouting for a few other guys to help out and we'll be back on track. When...who knows...is it certain it'll be released...you bet.

Delta_Whiskey
February 11th, 2011, 21:33
"the modeler", also creator of the flight dynamics / fx package / panel and gauge set ...
, was asked to give up the the model source file.
When he asked why , was unsatisfied with the ambiguous response , "because".
( this could be due to his exclusive background as sole freeware developer.)
unsatisfied with the response he refused to release the source, where upon he was immediately
rescinded, redacted and erased from project sites , servers , forums and blogs

caveat: the frds is actually the fine work of another modeler that was merged into the VC

the modeler patiently awaits the release of this fine aircraft.

this was the modelers first foray into the realm of payware aircraft and
has since returned to the developement of exclusivley freeware aircraft (read as hobby)

so whats he working on now???

anyone want a HALO Reach Sabre Starfighter?

W. Bleddyn
February 12th, 2011, 00:07
Well drama aside it is a stunning plane and I hope to see it in FS sooner then later.

I had no idea about this project, being new here, until this thread was brought back up. I have a mate that works for a fire fighting company based at Abbotsford Airport in BC (Conair). They have in their fleet a few AT/Fire Boss Amphibs as well as a few more on wheels. I have loved the odd but powerful look of this little plane since I first saw a wheeled one taking off from there. Unfortunately my friend's job is administrative, not operational and I have never had the opportunity for a ride :(

So here's hoping for the best and that this little gem is in our virtual hangars soon.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8536/conair.jpg (http://img805.imageshack.us/i/conair.jpg/)

OleBoy
February 12th, 2011, 08:04
All I'll add to the whole topic is, from the day of announcement of the AT802 it's been like a handler leading a horse with a carrot. Not to mention advertising up the wazoo.

N2056
February 12th, 2011, 08:33
It would seem to me that if they never got the source files and what they have right now is based on the original modeler's work, and they have parted ways...the current model files cannot be used as they are still the original modeler's work. That leaves them back at square one.

holdzy19
May 29th, 2011, 23:57
Hey FSN, How's the ag version coming along?:jump:

tomford
April 14th, 2012, 14:32
Any updates on this?

Tom

falcon409
April 14th, 2012, 15:24
Any updates on this?
Tom
Yep,
This from their now defunct website. . . . .
"The Air Tractor Project For FSX Is Now Closed"

tomford
April 14th, 2012, 16:06
Well thats too bad, that looked like a very interesting project

Tom

Brian_Gladden
April 14th, 2012, 16:12
the pre-release version is available at Simviation.... Just got it last night.

Paul Anderson
April 15th, 2012, 13:04
Thanks for bringing up the subject again.
They are very nice planes, better than I remembered from trying some time ago.
I only made a few tweaks - use A2A 3D lights (one had, other didn't), use amphib panel window00 & 01 in wheeled.
The fires they added outside the airport scenery makes for some extra fun.

Prowler1111
April 15th, 2012, 17:27
I would really like to contact the original designer, top notch stuff..

Prowler

FSN
April 15th, 2012, 17:41
Delta Whiskey aka Bruce Fitzgerald did the modeling and Dan Dunn the paint job and such. Orginal site is still up though yes defunct. http://www.flightsimnation.net/dev/