PDA

View Full Version : First Chilean Miner Rescued!

Kiwikat
October 12th, 2010, 19:22
The first one is out now! The rest are to follow.

It is incredible what we can achieve when everyone works together! :jump::jump::jump:

It is so refreshing to see good things happen these days. The news has been so negative with politics, war, and culture as of late.

rpjkw
October 12th, 2010, 19:35
Best news all year. I was watching for the last two hours and hardly breathing.

Bob

Allen
October 12th, 2010, 20:03
Looks like 2 soon!

Dain Arns
October 12th, 2010, 20:07
These guys have been in our thoughts and prayers here at home over the past couple months since they were found alive.
So happy the rescuing has begun.

And praise to the rescuers who are going down into the mine to check on the trapped men below.
That is a special brand of person and courage to do that.

Allen
October 12th, 2010, 22:12
4!

Keystroke

grunau_baby
October 12th, 2010, 23:52
They are proceeding very well, hope all runs smooth untill all are rescued! I am really in awe about the spirit of those guys and feel very reliefed and happy for those involved and their families! Great rescue-job they did there! And indeed fantastic news!

Alex

demorier
October 13th, 2010, 00:38
Fan..bloody..tasic:wiggle:

jmig
October 13th, 2010, 03:08
Good to see the Chilean President there!
I wonder if he is apologizing for the health and safety issues that his government didn't have in place when the collapse happened!?
Nice to see them coming out in reasonable shape...

Let's keep this as a positive thread and leave the political comments out.

It is up to eight and counting! Yayyyyyyy! Sometimes chicken salad can be made out of chicken s...

grunau_baby
October 13th, 2010, 05:04
Latest news, 11 and still runing smooth!!!

These news make me smile all day! Keeping my fingers crossed:jump:

Alex

OBIO
October 13th, 2010, 11:10
I am happy to hear that those guys are finally being pulled out of that mine. I would bet that there is one guy who volunteers to be the last one rescued...the guy whose wife and girlfriend found out about each while he was trapped in that mine. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire!

OBIO

Dain Arns
October 13th, 2010, 11:42
Like one expert said, remember they are human beings.
They have just as messed up lives on the surface, as the rest of us do. :isadizzy: :icon_lol:
That's their business, not the press or ours.
The most important thing to stay focused on is getting them and the rescuers out. :wavey:

Number 21 just arrived. :salute:

"Chi! Chi! Chi!, Le! Le! Le!" :jump:

Allen
October 13th, 2010, 17:24
All miners out! Rescuers now left.:jump:

Dain Arns
October 13th, 2010, 19:40
All done.
Last rescuer out.
Sealed the hole. :salute:

Tako_Kichi
October 13th, 2010, 19:54
Apart from 2 hours when I crashed at 8 a.m. this morning I watched it all, from the first test runs to the final rescue worker coming back out. Needless to say I am feeling totally burned out right now.

As a former disaster relief volunteer and having a family mining history going back four generations all I can say is bravo to the Chilean rescue team for doing the job right and for getting everyone out without loss.

:applause::applause::applause: