PDA

View Full Version : Happy Retirement Mr Cox and go Giants!

pilottj
October 12th, 2010, 10:24
From a Giants fan, Cheers to the legend Bobby Cox. :salute: He and his Braves always were tough and exciting for the Giants to play. While I am really excited the Giants managed to pull out a win last night and take their NLDS, it was great to see the retirement of a legend. Very classy of the Giants to suspend their celebration for a moment to honor Bobby.

On to the NLCS, while I don't have high expectations and the Giants might very well get steamrolled by the Phils, the Giants should put up a good fight and could have some suprises yet :jump:

I have to say this is my favorite Giants team, (Ive been a fan since the Roger Craig era when I was a kid), a collection of no name rookies and vets looking for their second/third chance, no superstars, just a group of guys playing as a team managing to eek out wins.

jmig
October 12th, 2010, 12:25
Bobby Cox is one of the great ones. It is only a matter of time before he joins the group in Cooperstown.

TARPSBird
October 12th, 2010, 15:10
I've never been a Braves fan but Bobby Cox is one of the best managers in MLB history and IMHO his leadership deserves most of the credit for the Braves consistently fielding a competitive team year after year. Good luck to your Giants, I'd like to see 'em in the Series.