PDA

View Full Version : Repainters Question_Paint Shop Pro

falcon409
October 12th, 2010, 03:52
I have had Paint Shop Pro for a long time now and have done a ton of repaints over that span and one thing about PSP has always eluded me. If I am using the vector draw tool, why is the finished product always rendered as a raster object, even before I switch to "raster"?

I was a Commercial Artist for a long time and the last Agency I worked for used Corel Draw and Illustrator. Both were capable of Vector Graphics and I really liked that because the lines were crisp and perfect. . .it made for some great looking artwork. But with PSP, if I choose to draw in Vector, the lines are pixelated and never smooth. Anyone who has used PSP and can clear this up?

mjahn
October 12th, 2010, 05:28
There should be a Tool Options window on your screen, if not got to View and make it visible, just like the Layers toolbar. Then, once you draw an object tick Create as vector in the Tool Options. That's how it works in V.7 at any rate.

falcon409
October 12th, 2010, 10:26
I looked at that and even prior to my starting a project, that box is already checked and grayed out. I can make it active again and check or uncheck it but it has no effect on anything I draw. It's like it says I'm doing vector graphics but it's still pixelated. Weird!

hairyspin
October 12th, 2010, 11:55
I have PSP X, but in File/Preferences/General Program Preferences there's a section for Auto Action. If Converts vector layer to raster layer is set to Auto instead of Prompt or Never, then the vector option is not available

Hope this helps.

mjahn
October 12th, 2010, 22:17
Also check whether your color depth is set to max (24 bit). Vectoring may not work below that.