PDA

View Full Version : FSX logbook confused by helicopters?

PRB
October 11th, 2010, 18:55
This is odd. Looking at my FSX logbook, and all my helicopter flights have no "From" ICAO code. What's up with that? Some of these flights are from/to the same airport, and some are not. Besides, we can see that for "normal" airplanes the logbook can tell what airport I took off from, even if I land there again later. I might have to find that logbook fixer-upper program...

Daube
October 12th, 2010, 00:55
Did you take off from the runway or directly from an helipad or parking or taxiway ? That could explain...

falcon409
October 12th, 2010, 03:25
PRB, mine is showing the same lack of an ICAO for the starting airport. That does seem odd because starting a flight with a heli will require that you select a starting point in the aircraft selection menu, or it starts at the active rwy. Even if you start with a default Cessna and switch to a Heli, you will have already designated the starting point before switching by virtue of the location of the airplane. Also, it isn't a random thing in the log book, where some Heli flights show both and some don't. This is every single flight in a Helicopter is missing the starting airports ICAO.

Roadburner440
October 12th, 2010, 12:26
Mine doesn't show a beginning airport code either. If you view the details on the entry though it will show you everyplace you landed though. Wonder why it never shows the start point.