PDA

View Full Version : Trees on taxi way:

Bobr2
October 11th, 2010, 13:29
I have tried Lumberjack's fix and it never removed these threes. Can some one send me a BGL to me on my PM? The airport is the Astoria Oregon Airport

majorv
October 11th, 2010, 13:36
I have tried Lumberjack's fix and it never removed these threes. Can some one send me a BGL to me on my PM? The airport is the Astoria Oregon Airport

Are you running any Orbx textures? If so, go into FTX Central and revert back to default textures, then check to see if the trees are gone. If not Orbx, then some other add-on textures are probably the culprit.

Major V

gera
October 11th, 2010, 13:42
If I remember tonight, Iīll fly there and chop them off fer ya!!!!!....itīs the mountain or woods revenge sickness that is probably getting there.........

Bobr2
October 12th, 2010, 19:19
Thank You Major V: I did find a file called FTX_AA_2S1 and removed it from the scenery file and reinstalled the original scenery. Also had a file called astor_column_jjac.zip and uninstall it also. Now the trees look like this. Can anyone out there write an exclude file for this problem? It is FSX running in windows XP.

gera
October 13th, 2010, 06:23
Nice.....

spotlope
October 13th, 2010, 07:32
It seems like the trees are only a symptom of a larger problem, which is that you've lost your airport skirting grass. That poly automatically gets rid of trees when it's present. Not sure how to go about fixing it, though.

By the way, the Orbx tree textures have nothing to do with this problem. Textures alone won't change where the trees are, they just make them look different.

Dain Arns
October 13th, 2010, 08:31
One thing to add, "Lumberjack" really needs to be the topmost entry in the Scenery Library to work effectively, above all other scenery entries.
Don't know if that is where you have it, Bobr2, but that is where I always keep it on my setup and have never had trees on runways or taxiways for the few years I have been using it. :kilroy:

Coola
October 15th, 2010, 09:57
Hi I have that problem sometimes. I put down the scenery or autogen complexity. What else I can do.

Greetings
Coola

Bobr2
October 15th, 2010, 15:07
Thank you for all of your advise. Never noticed there was no grass, so I reinstalled FScene for FSX and all is well now. Only problem now is GERA when he went and cut the trees down left 3' stumps in there place. So don't have him cut down trees for you.