PDA

View Full Version : Break out the rollerskates...

Rami
September 30th, 2008, 17:41
To all,

Although I've been far too busy for campaign building, (and will be for a while) I wanted to stop in and let you know...

Sara took her first steps today!!! :running::running::running:

We're expecting James to take his any day now.

I can't express how happy I am to be a dad. :d

Jagdflieger
September 30th, 2008, 17:55
Whoo Hooo!!

Congrats to Sara!

What a proud moment for a dad. I remember my son's first steps like it was yesterday. Now he's a star varsity athlete. Where did the time go?

Hern07
September 30th, 2008, 17:59
Congratulations to the little lady. Thanks for keeping us up to speed:wavey:

OBIO
September 30th, 2008, 18:34
Rami

A proud moment in deed! But...you are now at the beginning of the real nightmare...the period when younguns are walking and begin exploring their world. And they test everything by putting it in their mouths. Take time to make sure your house in toddler ready. Lock the cabinet doors, cover outlets, leave no possible hazard unchecked...and with toddlers, it's amazing what can become a hazard.

OBIO

Rami
September 30th, 2008, 18:43
But...you are now at the beginning of the real nightmare...the period when younguns are walking and begin exploring their world. And they test everything by putting it in their mouths. Take time to make sure your house in toddler ready. Lock the cabinet doors, cover outlets, leave no possible hazard unchecked...and with toddlers, it's amazing what can become a hazard.

Tim,

Point well taken, but remember that I married a nurse. She was on top of this three months ago, and has trained me thoroughly in anticipation of this moment. :d

We've also decided that our house will be "Purell-free." Erica and I are both stern believers in allowing our kids to be exposed to "normal" germs in the hope that their immune systems will develop normally, and hopefully lessen allergic reactions. Mind you we will maintain a clean and safe house, but we won't go "germ-psycho" like we've seen many parents do.

Ravenna
September 30th, 2008, 20:06
A moment I well remember. It will always stay with you Rami. As for the rest of childhood's memorable moments, don't blink or you'll miss em!

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 20:15
Prolly dont need to tell you to take lots of pictures!

Great times that fly by..:birthday2

OBIO
September 30th, 2008, 23:43
Rami

The Purell-free approach is a good one. All those antibacterial cleaners, hand gels, and wipes are doing nothing but breeding more potent strains of bacteria that are immune to antibiotic treatments. Unless someone in the family is sick, there is no need to sterilize the entire house every time you wipe the kitchen counter.

OBIO

drivincar67
October 1st, 2008, 12:42
Congratulations Rami, to those first steps. Time will fly quicker than you think. My Father's Day gift year before last was a two photo frame. The first picture is of my daughter in her little red plastic car, the first car I bought her. The second picture is my daughter in the Nissan Altima, the last car I bought her. They sit proudly on my desk at work.

d67

GearyMcS
October 1st, 2008, 14:06
Andrew,

Congrats! AND you have it all to look forward to again soon with James. Then again later with 'Accident.' :costumes:

I don't remember my son's first steps. He's 20 years old now. But I do remember after he's been walking for a while, I put him in his crib for a nap one day, raised the side, left the room and 20 seconds later heard a quite, little noise behind me. I turned around and there he stood looking up at me. Scared the wheeezzze out of me.:eek: He still does, occasionally.

You have lots to look forward to.:jump:

Geary

Kofschip
October 1st, 2008, 15:24
Andrew,

Congratulations to all of you. That is great and I thank you for sharing this with us. It brought memories back of some 40 years ago.

Jerry
:applause::applause::applause::applause: