PDA

View Full Version : eto 1.40 problem ??

dasgoot2002
October 10th, 2010, 16:42
OK IM HAVE A PROBLEM W ETO AFTER I UPGRADED TO 1.40 IT WONT LOAD ANY OTHER ERA THAN ERA 1 HAVE TRIED TO GET THE OTHER ERAS 2 WORK BUT "NO GO " please help '

waco jaco
October 10th, 2010, 21:54
if you are a vista or windows 7 user you should check if UAC is still turned off

another helpfull link is the 1.0-1.2 installation guide (tips and tricks that are still valid for 1.4)

oki
October 31st, 2010, 22:39
all worked well until I tried to install the

global_layer and qclocations XMLS WITH and without QC_Shipping Locations (Optional)

options. It comes as rwo zip files which I tried to unzip first in a temporary folder. I got the error message that "the file names are too long" (?). Some files could apparently not be extracted and I could not open the readme rtf files ("names invalid").

I had to leave it there because I could not delete the half extracted archive ("write protected or opened").

What did I do wrong?

oki
November 1st, 2010, 09:40
Ihave managed to delete the half extracted folders by logging in as another user and did it under his name.......:jump:

now what next? could I use the old 1.31 version for activating the shipping locations?
the two old exe files (from the 1.31 install) are still sitting in my main ETO folder.

rbp71854
November 1st, 2010, 12:40
When I have been faced with that type of problem in the past, I re-named the zip file to a shorter name and was able to extract the files.

I imagine that the 1.31 files are obsolete as there probably were new or modified entries to the global layer.

Ihave managed to delete the half extracted folders by logging in as another user and did it under his name.......:jump:

now what next? could I use the old 1.31 version for activating the shipping locations?
the two old exe files (from the 1.31 install) are still sitting in my main ETO folder.

oki
November 1st, 2010, 13:07
THANKS, I did as you said and it worked like a bomb........:ernae:

now I can finish the update...

oki
November 2nd, 2010, 12:51
by the way, switching the QC shipping locations off and on seems a perfect application for a very useful little tool available here:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

as the option without shipping locations is the default, I have just put the set of alternative files in the tool and can switch back and forth with a mouseclick