PDA

View Full Version : 'Nikon Shooters Who Don't Have In-Body Auto-Focusing'

Panther_99FS
October 10th, 2010, 13:20
Am I the only one looking at the D7000 :ques:
So far, the D7K looks to be off the scale performance wise.....

Smokey Joe
October 10th, 2010, 13:26
Am I the only one looking at the D7000 :ques:
So far, the D7K looks to be off the scale performance wise.....

Nope. I'm going to buy one just the minute I can sell a couple of things to afford it and a nice lens. "Off the scale..." is almost an understatement.:wavey:

Panther_99FS
October 10th, 2010, 14:49
Yeah I definitely made some mistakes early on....
Knowing what I know now...I would've purchased the D90 - first and foremost......

(Sigh) - Oh well...

jmig
October 12th, 2010, 03:19
Chances are like 99.999999% I will order it. Just having trouble opening my wallet for $1200 bucks.

It looks to be a real winner.

Kiwikat
October 12th, 2010, 10:54
It totally kicks the pants off the 60D. If I were getting into photography right now this'd probably be the camera I would get. It is even better than the 50D. Not quite up to the 7D, but its a few hundred dollars cheaper.

The biggest complaint I'd have is that it uses SDXC cards. It should really use the faster UDMA cards! If you're doing a lot of video and bursting RAW a bunch, it'd make a difference.

Nikon is ahead of Canon now, I'll admit it. The last round of cameras and lenses from Canon were underwhelming to say the least. The Nikon lens lineup is catching up to Canon's (and passing it in some cases) very quickly, and Canon's lens prices are catching up to Nikon's. Canon fail. :banghead:

Canon NEEDS to get a 5D3, 24-70 L IS, and 100-400 L II out ASAP.