PDA

View Full Version : Dare I Do This?

Lionheart
October 10th, 2010, 13:05
Oh man.... I have set upon a journey I may regret...

They say that Curiosity Killed the Bat.

I have decided to do full Windows XP Updates on my laptop.

But! I did create a Windows Restore Point. :d

I just hope Windows XP makes it through this. I have heard so many nightmare stories. (Biting my fingernails).

OBIO
October 10th, 2010, 13:11
I have my XP updated fully...well, maybe a couple weeks shy...but I have never had a problem with the updates. The ONLY time I had problems with XP updates was the first..AND ONLY...time I allowed the Windows Auto Updater thing to do its thing...had to do a total format and reinstall to get XP back to life.

OBIO

PRB
October 10th, 2010, 13:13
I've been through Windows updates from Win2000 through XP, through Vista through Win7, and never had one single problem ever. I suspect you will be fine.

Lionheart
October 10th, 2010, 13:55
I've been through Windows updates from Win2000 through XP, through Vista through Win7, and never had one single problem ever. I suspect you will be fine.

Tell that to Hey Moe/Mike, lol... He has had to do complete restores at least 2 times now that I know of from updates...

I have just spent a week getting this rig to where I want. I do not want to do this again starting tomorrow, lol...

stiz
October 10th, 2010, 14:12
i think that people who tweak XP itself and are generaly techie have problems with the automatic updates, us common folk who just leave it to let it do its thing and general dont micro manage everything the pcs doing dont tend to have any problems :icon_lol:

Trans_23
October 10th, 2010, 14:40
I installed SP3 a couple years ago and it crashed my computer to the point that it wouldn't boot. Luckily I have another computer so I looked up at a fix I had to do from the command prompt. To this day I have to fend off Microsoft updates from wanting to add it to my computer. On the other computer I mentioned SP3 installed with no problems.

kilo delta
October 11th, 2010, 08:05
I pick and choose the updates that I require for my systems.