PDA

View Full Version : For those of you using ORBX PNW sceneries, Or contemplating getting them,

OleBoy
October 9th, 2010, 07:49
A bit of info about the areas I thought I would share.
...Browse around. There's lots to view or use as sight seeing reference for your next flight(s)

http://www.primetab.com/flying/index.html

Holger Sandmann
October 9th, 2010, 08:11
Hi OleBoy,

thanks for sharing the link. I had come across your great photos of airfields during a Google search and we used some of them as reference for our PNW airport edits. It's a great resource indeed!

Cheers, Holger

OleBoy
October 9th, 2010, 09:09
Good morning

I don't have any of the Orbx scenery yet. Though hopefully soon.
...I decided to do a bit of searching for airports to the unknown. More out of the way lying scattered through out the region. Mainly on the West side of the cascade mountain range of which I have visited over time.
My searching efforts needless to say didn't find any photos as I was expecting, as I know where several private fields are scattered in the area. One in particular I found while deer hunting out along a country road. I'll see if I can share a visual.
...The area I found it is between highway 108- onto highway 12. Heading South West to highway 5.
There is a long flat valley lying below the base of the hills. The roads very narrow. Twisting and winding their way over and across several bridges and following a small river. The valley starts to open up. Showing farm land and large fields that are fenced on both sides of the road. Kind of the old homestead atmosphere. Old barns, rusty tractors, farm equipment that had not been used for ages, doors open..hoods up and forgotten. Some covered in berry briers and left to succumb to nature. Along the base of the hillside is a long, old building. Half barn, half aircraft hanger. A rather large tattered building. From the distance old farm equipment, hay and different pieces of machinery scattered about several aircraft. One of them a Piper Cub, another (I believe) a Beech 18 and one more that I couldn't tell.
.....They had been sitting there for years. Covered in dust. Resting.
Seeing all of it makes me wish it was in flightsim as an age old adage of times past.

Viewing Orbx scenery has gotten me to think of all my journeys throughout the years and my travels. Being native to the area I've been to many many places that I never really thought of again until using flight sim. But Orbx brought the perspective more closer to home and more than virtual reality in my eyes. So, I know of a few outlying private fields I thought would be neat to have in the PNW scenery. Unfortunately, I'm not one to make this happen. I have no knowledge of doing such a thing. Nor the time to do it. I just daydream little thinking about all the intriguing assets one could have in such a scenery that would add more life and realism.

As for the link, I figured many have seen it. But I thought I would share for those that haven't ;)

Tako_Kichi
October 9th, 2010, 09:19
As for the link, I figured many have seen it. But I thought I would share for those that haven't ;)
Well I hadn't seen it before OB and I thank you for posting it. I just spent a very enjoyable 45 minutes or so going through every page. There are some great photos in there.

OleBoy
October 9th, 2010, 09:42
It is neat stuff.
....Here's another interesting place http://www.mountainflying.com/Pages/airstrips/airstrip-junkies/airstrip_junk1.html