PDA

View Full Version : X3 Superbox and update 3.0 is out!

gigabyte
October 9th, 2010, 04:04
Breaking news this just in!

-= *X3TC 3.0 Update - Balance of Power* =- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a fresh update to X3: Terran Conflict, developed specially to coincide with the release of the long-awaited Superbox, we have developed a new adventure, which will pit the player against the might of one of the universe's superpowers in a covert powerplay that, if discovered, may tip the finely poised Balance of Power that exists in the X Universe, leading to all-out conflict. You will be sent on top secret missions to acquire lucrative technology, risking all for a chance to taste forbidden fruit.

Also in Update 3.0 we are introducing a more substantial reward for completion of the long and arduous Operation Final Fury, the campaign to finally rid the X Universe of the Kha'ak infestation. We acknowledge the hard work that players invest into completing this plot and the feedback players have provided with regard to its reward.
We're very pleased, therefore, that all players completing the plot will now receive this new reward as well as those players for whom Operation Final Fury is but a distant memory!

As we've previously mentioned in the X Universe News, we've been working on a new Dead-is-Dead mode for X3: Terran Conflict. That work is now complete and we're happy to say that this new feature is available to players who play the game via the Steam client. Remember that if you own the DVD version of X3: Terran Conflict, you can register it with Steam to enjoy both Dead-is-Dead and Steam Achievements.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-= *X-Superbox - A Box of Super X!* =-
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Superbox is here! For those fans of everything X, there's now a box that probably contains everything X. EGOSOFT is very pleased indeed to see the arrival of this new compendium of games, which contains all of the X-series games from X - Beyond the Frontier all the way to the latest version of X3: Terran Conflict. These games represent the complete history of EGOSOFT's PC games development thus far and as we look ahead to The Next Big Thing, we can also look back with pride at what we've achieved in these games.

We have been privileged to share that journey with a loyal, hard-working and dedicated group of fans, whose passion for the games and their own creativity led to a myriad of scripts, mods, stories, websites, artwork, music and much much more.
A team of volunteers has spent nearly a year trying to collate some of the best of this content for inclusion in the Superbox and we're pleased to have received such a response from fans of the X-series.
All submissions had to go through a process of checks and updates, with permission having to be sought from the creators for their inclusion. So after a herculean effort by our team of volunteers and the content's creators, this awesome content is now available on a Bonus DVD that accompanies all the X games in the Superbox.

Also featured in the Superbox is the 300-page X Encyclopedia, written by Helge Kautz, author of Farnham's Legend and other books set in the X Universe. The X Encyclopedia is the ultimate reference for avid X fans, that contains information on X Universe history, personalities, technology and much more!

The X games contained in the Superbox are compatible with Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista (SP1) and Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) and are DRM free.

The X Superbox is available on general release in the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia, France and in the German-speaking countries on 08 October 2010 and is also available to purchase from EGOSOFT's online shop.

marklaur
October 10th, 2010, 01:08
Patiently waiting for EB Games to get the X Super Boxes in.
When I pre-ordered EB Games indicated they thought they would not realistly be in Australia till November.

I have purchased a few game sets lately published by "CoreGames" They are selling for $20.00 AUD. Some are games I probably will never play but I am supporting them since they are DRM free and hopefully they will publish more in the future.

Hard to see any PC game son the shelves these days.

Regards MarkL

GT182
October 10th, 2010, 17:03
That's great news Mike. Any idea on when it'll be available in the Canada and the US?

Mark, we no longer have EB Games here in the US. GameStop is only gaming store where we can get PC titles in my area. And like all the others, they carry very few PC games.... 1 or two small racks of them out of an entire store filled with consol games. Oh, I almost forgot WalMart. But they too have cut back on PC titles.

Edit:
Cancel that Mike. LOL I just found the download and I'm getting it now. :d This will the the first sim played on this new computer. [Crosses fingers. LOL]

Lionheart
October 10th, 2010, 17:51
Thanks for the heads up Mike!

wooo hoooooo!

:applause:

GT182
October 15th, 2010, 12:33
I've got X3TC reinstalled and 3.0 in too. I hope the mods we've been using will work in the new update.

With Superbox it looks like you could go for years of gaming with anything X. Might be nice to have but I'm undecided if I really want it.

marklaur
October 15th, 2010, 17:15
I've got X3TC reinstalled and 3.0 in too. I hope the mods we've been using will work in the new update.

With Superbox it looks like you could go for years of gaming with anything X. Might be nice to have but I'm undecided if I really want it.

I think the superbox is a bit of indulgence. My main reason for purchasing it was to support the idea of complete packages with DRM removed. The extras are nice but nothing you can not get else where.

Cheers MarkL

GT182
October 15th, 2010, 19:14
At least you get a great hardbound book as part of the package.

marklaur
October 16th, 2010, 20:36
At least you get a great hardbound book as part of the package.

Well you get a book, but it is just loose pages with two holes punched in them. The box comes with two screw sets that you can use to bind them together. Those old style hollow screws that they used to use a lot ages ago. The book pages are shrink rapped to keep them together. I have not even unwrapped mine yet. I think if you do not put the pages in an A5 binder they will be short lived, no PDF copy either. At least being loose you can scan them if you want to.

Regards MarkL

GT182
October 19th, 2010, 08:07
Well, 3.0 is great. There's some AMS stuff that is included in it. I've installed the Cmod for TC and some of the other scripts from before..... Free Jump and Cheat Collection so far. All those scripts to get TC/AMS to run smoother are no longer needed... at least on this computer they aren't. It's running as smooth as silk for now.

I did find that Saves from before 3.0 won't work, at least not for me so far. So I cheated, LOL, and added in my credits from my first run of the AMS mod. Have to build my renoun up again but it's nice to start fresh and go with the TC senario. And this time I'll set up my HQ closer to where the action is. I've kept the big transports and am moving them out of Argon Prime. I think I'll clone my Vidarsaurus and use them in my Wings. I can't get away from that ship, it's a blast.