View Full Version : Robert Sanderson Stearman 75 and his others

OleBoy
October 8th, 2010, 11:12
Are they compatible with FSX?

Yes they are. And very much so!!!
...Read on

nio
October 8th, 2010, 11:28
I am afraid i cannot answer your question but if the answer is no there are four very nice bundled payware aircraft which are here

http://www.goldenagesimulations.com/purchase.html

I like them

Best

nio

OleBoy
October 8th, 2010, 11:34
I actually have those on my "Must Buy" list. Thanks for the reminder!!

My reason for asking, the Robert Sanderson models gave me a great amount of enjoyment in FS2004. It would be great if they also worked in FSX. I haven't found but little info if they actually work. Or if updates, modifications were ever done to any of them.

Tim-HH
October 8th, 2010, 12:05
I haven't found but little info if they actually work.

Why don't you just try it yourself? :mixedsmi:

Greetings
Tim

OleBoy
October 8th, 2010, 12:29
Why don't you just try it yourself? :mixedsmi:

Greetings
Tim

I just did that. The Hurricane IID loads and displays fine. Best I can tell animations appear to work, along with all gauges and switches. There's something going on tho. Lots of lag and stutters.

The Boeing Stearman 75, same results.
....Others I have yet to test. But I'm guessing the same results.

I was hesitant to start the topic due to recent releases. But I can't afford to buy everything.
...I was just hoping they would work right as I haven't got a clue how to fix them.

calypsos
October 8th, 2010, 13:16
Robert's models always 'pushed the limit' as far as polys were concerned, as port-overs, you will need a very serious set up not get a slideshow in FSX.

OleBoy
October 8th, 2010, 13:28
Robert's models always 'pushed the limit' as far as polys were concerned, as port-overs, you will need a very serious set up not get a slideshow in FSX.

What a shame. They work great in FS2004.

Edit- Problem resolved by converting all BMP textures to DDS. Now works flawlessly. And very smoothly :)
....Now if someone knows of a decent prop blur replacement (two parts are needed)

holdzy19
December 31st, 2010, 16:02
G'day every one, does anyone have a link to robert sanderson's stearmen 75. i'm a bit like oleboy, he's trying to look for some good ag planes

Cheers
Holdzy19

OleBoy
December 31st, 2010, 19:03
Google works great. Sometimes it might take a bit of creativity, but with patients, looky what I found :) http://www.simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=sanderson+stearman

Have fun

holdzy19
December 31st, 2010, 22:34
thanks oleboy, great stuff mate:ernae::jump:, i haven't tried but does the scenery work in FSX?

OleBoy
December 31st, 2010, 22:58
thanks oleboy, great stuff mate:ernae::jump:, i haven't tried but does the scenery work in FSX?

I've no clue if it will or not. Best bet would be to add it to the library as add-on scenery and try it.