PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Arizona

Meso
November 23rd, 2008, 06:40
Last week i installed tileproxy. I was a bit sceptic at the beginning since it was recommended to stay below 200 knots. I tried it out anyway with the aerosoft f-16. today i departed from luke afb to the grand canyon and monument valley.

I thought the pictures are quite nice, and actually i dont like fs with its default scenery that much since im used to this.

kind regards,

Meso

crashaz
November 23rd, 2008, 07:24
Nice pics... miss seeing AZ in real life.... the land... not all those new people there.

Thx!

Lionheart
November 23rd, 2008, 08:45
Great pics, Meso.

The GC is a real oddity how the land totally drops out from flat planes to the most huge, collossal canyon one could ever imagine. I remember seeing it for the first time, and my mind coulndt comprehend its size. I was looking at something that I couldnt believe. Sort of like a reddish version of the Rocky Mountains down under ground and you are looking down into it.

Nice pics... miss seeing AZ in real life.... the land... not all those new people there.

Thx!

LOL.... :costumes:

Here I am tired of the heat and dust...

Bill

Bone
November 23rd, 2008, 18:17
OK, those are great pics. I've had the same reservations as you , since I like fast military jets. Just how low and fast can you go before the blurries start?

Meso
November 28th, 2008, 09:19
Hi Bone,

The blurries are not really an issue. its more that it takes some time to load the maximum LOD that takes some time. I've done the trip in the f-16 from phoenix to monument valley and i flew around 400knots.
It is also of importance how your tileproxy.ini is configured and the internet connection. im lucky to have 4gb of ram which also helps together with the fast internet connection ( it think i have a 2mbit line or maybe even 4mbit (changed recently by the provider)).
I was able to have more detail with a pilatus pc-9 which i flew along the coast of france with 230 knots and no blurries really occured unless i change the view to a distant tower.

hope i answered your question.

kind regards,,
meso

Bone
November 28th, 2008, 12:23
Yeah, thanks. I've got 4 gb of mem and high speed internet also, so I'm going to go ahead and try it out.

Meso
November 29th, 2008, 02:19
Hi Bone,

Here a link to an online quick tutorial on how to get things working. i experienced that when you download beta 8 and install the ini file is all i had to do to get it to work.

I am not a someone that spends hours of reading on how to install etc, but i just followed the instructions on the page and it worked pretty well at the first time.

one thing that needs to be realized is that when you have a vista 64bit version you need to press F8 during boot up to disable the use of driver signatures otherwise it wont work, as well as the user controll thing, but thats all explained on the page as well. After all i think i spend <1 hour of figuring out the procedures and installation.

kind regards,

Meso

http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/