PDA

View Full Version : Visual Model Error

falcon409
October 7th, 2010, 22:27
I just finished installing the Hawker Sea Fury FB11 by David Hanvey and Paul Barry. I did the update and then installed a new upgrade V2.3 by Peter Forster.

What I get, every time I try to select one of the variations is an error message that says the visual model cannot be displayed. Does anyone know under what circumstances I would get a message like that?

Rich
October 7th, 2010, 22:52
It is I think a old Fs 2000/CFS2 model and will not work in FSX that is the common message to say the model is the wrong format.

I have never got it into FSX.

falcon409
October 7th, 2010, 22:53
Too bad, I just assumed it would work like most other FS9 ports. Thanks!:salute:

Rich
October 7th, 2010, 22:57
There is a new FSX model in the works but still a good way off yet.

Check here from time to time

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Flying_Stations/index.php?showtopic=63

falcon409
October 8th, 2010, 04:22
Yep, that appears to be some nice early modeling, but I don't think that one is going to be done anytime in the next century, lol. I know there's another that's been released depicting the "Spirit of Texas", which is hangared about 2 miles from me here in North Texas, but it didn't get very good revues and it's only the Race version.

Looks the Sea Fury is one I can cross off my list for FSX. Thanks Rich.:salute:

Daube
October 8th, 2010, 05:29
I tried that model into my FSX just some weeks ago.
I installed some updates but not the last one you mention. The model worked, unfortunately it had a display issue with the prop. Instead of the typical transparency prop and dissapearing clouds behind prop that we all know with port-overs, this one had a dissapearing PLANE behind the prop !

That is that if you would look at the plane in external front view, you would simply not see the plane body, just the wings. Only when looking from aside you could see the plane.
EDIT: of course, when switching the engine OFF and the prop is not spinning anymore, there are no issues anymore... but it gets hard to fly :D

Too bad though, it was a very beautifull model...