PDA

View Full Version : Voice warnings on FSX helicopters ????

VaporZ
November 23rd, 2008, 05:14
Voice warnings on FSX helicopters ????

I just flown FSX version of Nemeth brothers MD-500E
helicopter and I received bizarre voice warnings
when doing approches like :

"too low flaps"
"sink rate"
or
"pull up" ?!?!?!

I would like to know how to diseable these voice warnings !

Thanks for the help !
:kilroy:
VaporZ

Ferry_vO
November 23rd, 2008, 05:16
Add a key command to the 'GPWS on/off' and you can switch it off.

:)

IanP
November 23rd, 2008, 05:34
You can add an entry to the aircraft.cfg GPWS section telling it not to sound the warning above ground level?

[GPWS]
max_warning_height = -1

Ian P.

MCDesigns
November 23rd, 2008, 13:07
FSX version??!! Did they release an FSX version while I was sleeping??!! :isadizzy:

icarus
November 23rd, 2008, 13:13
on Fsx i have many voices saying more FPS how can i activate many more?

VaporZ
November 24th, 2008, 03:23
If you go to to HoverControl FSX Helicopters Files

http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Add-ons_-_Helicopters_-_FSX

you will find

MD500E_CGA
FSX:Acceleration
FSX Acceleration MD500E update
Until the Nemeth's have time to update their 500 series I put together this little 500E update.
It is based on the flight dynamics and model that Vorlin and I did for the FS9 500E customized.
Chris Gaeth
Uploaded By Panther (http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?search=USER&username=Panther)

By the way all FS9 repaints of the MD500E available at SimViation, AVSim,
FlightSim or HoverControl are fully compatible with this FSX Acceleration
version !!!

( Yooppi !!! )
:applause:
VaporZ
:ernae:

IanP
November 24th, 2008, 04:39
So basically, it's an FS9 model, with tweaks. It's not an FSX native aircraft, as I suspected. ;)

The FS9 repaints will work, because it is the same aircraft model. There's no reason they wouldn't.

Ian P.

MCDesigns
November 24th, 2008, 04:53
Thanks VaporZ, I figured that was the one you were talking about. It's still an FS9 heli despite what has been fiddled with.

As Ian pointed out, the model hasn't been changed so the paints are all FS9 paints also.

While I appreciate simmers taking the initiative to port an aircraft to work or "be compliant" with FSX, they really need to label it as such so users don't get confused.

VaporZ, when in doubt, look in the Model folder and if it's really for FSX, there will be 2 MDL files in it.