PDA

View Full Version : a program I will like to have

albatros
October 7th, 2010, 08:27
Hi Gurus,

Landing is the most exiting moment for me, I fligh only GA and mainly bush.

To be able to start a fast set up, I would like to be able to do the following secuence

1.- Choose the airport I want to land.
2.- Choose the plane. Set altitude. heading,radios...etc, according the airport
3.- Choose the distance from the airport.
4.- Choose weather and wind directions,visivility,clouds, etc

Start FSX and enjoy the landing.

The way I do now is as follows:

Start FSX.
Choose the plane and the airport I want to land.
Open the Map and drag the plane to the distance I want to be, set speed and heading. Enter,
Pause and set the radios, flaps, gear, etc.
Resume and land.

Any ideas.

Luis

Excuse my English. My native language is Spanish.

Sundog
October 7th, 2010, 09:49
Hi Gurus,

To be able to start a fast set up, I would like to be able to do the following secuence

Start FSX.
Open the Map and drag the plane to the distance I want to be, set speed and heading. Enter,
Resume and land.

Any ideas.

Luis

It already has this ability. Do everything just like you did above and when you get it all set the way you like, go up to the menu and choose, "save flight" (This might be just under flights, I don't recall atm). But just save your flight and name it appropriately. Then, when you want to practice it again, just go to flights when you enter the sim and choose it.

albatros
October 7th, 2010, 14:09
It already has this ability. Do everything just like you did above and when you get it all set the way you like, go up to the menu and choose, "save flight" (This might be just under flights, I don't recall atm). But just save your flight and name it appropriately. Then, when you want to practice it again, just go to flights when you enter the sim and choose it.

Thank you sundog.

I know it, but it will be easier and more realistic to pre arrange everything and then start FSX.
I think to create this program it will not be very difficult as there are already some programs that you can choose the airport and the route.

I will gladly buy a program like that.

Luis

Lateral-G
October 7th, 2010, 14:27
Hi Gurus,

Start FSX.
Resume and land.

Any ideas.

Luis

This was already done in FS9.

Look for a series of missions called "Doherty's Difficult & Dangerous Approaches"

There are 63 volumes that cover airports all over the world.

Although it was designed for FS9 it can be made to work in FSX. When you load a mission you'll have to pause it when it starts and change the aircraft you want to fly. If you don't it will use a default plane.

albatros
October 7th, 2010, 16:59
This was already done in FS9.

Look for a series of missions called "Doherty's Difficult & Dangerous Approaches"

There are 63 volumes that cover airports all over the world.

Although it was designed for FS9 it can be made to work in FSX. When you load a mission you'll have to pause it when it starts and change the aircraft you want to fly. If you don't it will use a default plane.

Yes, I know the site and I have tried them. There are fine, but mostly big jets and high altitudes and speeds for GA planes.

I have no idea of programing but, I still it will not be dificult for some programes to create such
program.

It needs to read your scenery files, airplanes fliles and create the program. Maybe the same chap who made Dangerous Approaches can make one. Maybe....Quizas.. qui lo sa...

Luis

falcon409
October 7th, 2010, 18:43
You might take your question over to the developers forum at:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/

Inside the forum there is a section labeled "Looking for Help". You should post this question in there and see if anyone picks up on it. You're correct in that someone with programming experience could probably work something out, but it doesn't sound simple to me. Give them a try.:salute: