PDA

View Full Version : P-47 Accusim: stutters when rolling fast on dirt

Daube
October 7th, 2010, 04:08
Hi all,

I have a strange issue with the A2A P-47 with Accusim. When my plane is rolling fast (for takeoff or landing) on dirt surface (not perfectly smooth like tarmac), I get some serious stutters, like micro-pauses. I don't know what can be the origine of the problem. Those micro-pauses seems to happen exactely when the "squeek" sound from the suspension (I presume) happens, they seem to be synchronized, at least.

Important thing is that I have just changed my computer, and the problem is still there.
The previous computer had a Q6600 on a Asus motherboard with integrated AC97 sound card, running WinXP SP3.
The new computer has a I7 960 on an Asus Rampage III with integrated Creative Labs XFi sound card, running Win7 64.
Both with FSX Acceleration.

I'm a bit lost at the moment. I tried registering to A2A forums but I'm waiting for account validation. I took a look at the Accusim section but didn't find anything obvious. Since I know many of you have this aircraft, I wanted to check if anybody had this error.

Roger
October 7th, 2010, 04:12
Force feedback can cause it but have you got the latest drivers for your audio and video cards?

Daube
October 7th, 2010, 04:26
Forcefeedback ? Really ?
I am using a MS Sidewinder FFB2, but it's power supply cable is not attached, and thus the forcefeedback doesn't work... where do I disable the forcefeedback in the game ?

The video card is up to date, and the general performance of the sim is great and extremely smooth. I believe the sound card is up to date as well, but I'll check again.

Roadburner440
October 7th, 2010, 09:03
Also check to see if you have your framerates locked.. That caused a lot of micro-stutters for me with the Accu-sim birds as well when on or near the ground.

Daube
October 7th, 2010, 09:21
Thanks for the advises.
Just to be clear, my sim is perfectly smooth in any conditions, excepted when I'm rolling fast on a bumpy ground.

When I taxi, it's smooth. When I fly slow or fast, it's smooth as well. It's really just when I reach serious speed on bumpy ground. On tarmac, no issues at all.

skyhawka4m
October 7th, 2010, 18:52
The stuter has to do with the dust texture.....I bet if you go into the aircraft file and // out the lines for this effect it will help.

Daube
October 8th, 2010, 00:38
I will try that but I'm not so sure.
It's not a constant FPS drop. It's more like a micro-pause 2-3 times per second. In between those micro pauses, the FPS are smooth again.
Also, nothing happens with the B-17, the Cub or the 377.
I'm suspecting this has to do with the "squeek" sound that happens when you roll fast. I tested yesterday again, the pauses are synchronized with this sound, they have to be linked somehow...

Daube
October 8th, 2010, 00:51
And I'm still waiting for the activation of my account at A2A's forums.
The registration email told to forward the mail to the activation adress. I just forwarded it without edition, didn't add any "hello" or "please" inside since I expected this mail to be processed by a program. Or is it a human ? (in that case, my forward may have been perceived as rude...)

Roadburner440
October 8th, 2010, 05:54
I think they do human activation. I know we do it now over on the Milviz forums after all the spam that has popped up, and their forums are pretty clean so I imagine they police it pretty tightly. Just give it a day or so. They probably are super busy wrapping up what they are doing on the P-51 also at the moment cause they have been popping up on the board here and there.

Blade124
October 8th, 2010, 06:44
Sorry Daube, we just got caught up, and yes we do activate manually. It takes a little time but we had to, as we just can't have these spammers posting on our forums. Since we've done this, SPAM has gone to 0.

Just post away in our forums and we'll help you out.

Scott.

Daube
October 8th, 2010, 07:00
Thanks a lot !
I will do so.

Daube
October 13th, 2010, 05:24
Well it seems that I have found a very original bug, since nobody at A2A forums has any idea on what's happening to my P-47 :/

There has been some discussions about the install sequence of the various patches. As I told there, it seems to me that when I installed the P-47 the first time, I did it this way:
- P-47
- 1.1 patch
- Accusim
- 1.11 accusim hotfix

However some users there reported that they had installed the 1.1 patch AFTER Accusim.
How did you install it here ?
I have tried reinstalling the 1.1 patch on top of my Accusim P-47, followed by the 1.11 hotfix, but it had no effect on the bug, unfortunately...

Blade124
October 13th, 2010, 18:11
Daube,

Sorry to be bouncing back and forth between forums, but I just found the post and responded. I have the thread marked as well.

Scott.

Daube
October 14th, 2010, 01:19
Thanks a lot Scott. :)