PDA

View Full Version : FSD P38 Help!

peter12213
October 6th, 2010, 15:51
Hi Guys I bought the FSD P38 last night and think its a wonderful aircraft really fun and love the funtionality but I have a few questions and no info is forthcoming on the FSD forum as of yet, firstly should there be gauges showing in the black areas of the picture below or is that normal?

Secondly In the L model the gun tracer effects seem to come out of the engine nacelles, the big cooling doors under the engines won't open and also in the L aircraft.cfg there seems to be an entry for a texture called CamoL which is non existent? Has anyone else had these problems? Can someone please tell me if there is any fixes available or is it like this for everyone?

Thanks for any help!

Pete!

Roadburner440
October 6th, 2010, 16:01
There should be gauges there. We were using an extremely pro-active anti-piracy measures on it that sometimes interferred with the installation. If you get in contact with Tim at FSD he will be happy to help. I hope other than that you are enjoying the aircraft.

peter12213
October 6th, 2010, 16:13
Ok Mate I'll send him a PM over at FSD, thanks for the help mate!

Roadburner440
October 6th, 2010, 16:17
For the time being Pete if you would like to try uninstalling/re-installing it. I know that helped some people. Like I said it is the way the installer handles the files. That is why we kind of backed off using that type of installer on later releases. Probably should go back and redo the P-38 one..

peter12213
October 6th, 2010, 16:20
Ok mate will do just tested the Modern version and this is what my main panel looks like! so I have definately got a problem!

PRB
October 6th, 2010, 16:24
As to the first question, that gauge is a BC-608 contactor, which is an IFF unit of some kind. Inside the round part is something that looks like a clock, because it sent out timed IFF signals. Mine looks the same way, and I don't think I have activation issues...

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=16656 (http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=16656)

As for the other problem, not sure yet...

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 6th, 2010, 16:24
When i set that up it was to have the rounds line up with the gun sight, there are no gauges in those holes for P38's outside of the U.K as they were for a sort of loran navigation used at the time.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The following entry is what i have with the pics showing the in game position for me, also there are no proactive dissapearing gauges on this aircraft , or any recent FSD product , i am sure Tim will sort out your problem
in the forums when he gets online.
[SMOKESYSTEM]

smoke.0=75.00, -1.0, -3.0, RFTRC.fx ,
smoke.1=75.00, 1.0, -3.0, RFTRC.fx ,
smoke.2=0.00, 0.00, 0.65, RFSND.fx ,

peter12213
October 6th, 2010, 16:30
Email sent to the support section of FSD, but int he mean time I will try a fresh install in the morning and keep you all updated! Many thanks for the comments Guys! :salute:

Bomber_12th
October 6th, 2010, 18:57
Pete, I've long noticed this too - both should be there, both being installed at the factory. The horizontal example should be a volt-meter (half modeled currently), and the item on the instrument panel, also half modeled, should be as stated, a BC-608-A Contactor. If any one of these were to really be removed, there would be gaping holes.

gradyhappyg
October 6th, 2010, 22:15
Did you try running the P 38 load manager located in the P 38 J folder?

peter12213
October 7th, 2010, 04:52
Tried that mate It had no effect and now the uninstaller just keeps crashing! This is turning out to be a right head ache!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 7th, 2010, 05:17
Without any idea about your system's specs its a shot in the dark to suggest you run the installer as an administrator with compatibility mode set to XP, i notified Tim about this thread and await his input as well.

Tim_FSD
October 7th, 2010, 05:46
See the response we sent you via our email support. The two empty spots you see on the lower right hand part of the panel are normal. There have never been any gauges installed there.

With respect to the L model aircraft.cfg file I cannot duplicate this problem. The Load Manager will only create and entry unless it finds an actual paint scheme. Did you run the Load Manager and select "Pilot Approves"? Otherwise I really don't know. I just downloaded the installer and did a fresh install and the only paint schemes for the L model in the installer are "Factory Fresh" and "Pudgy".

If your installer crashes it likely means there is something going on in your software environment at the time which is interferring with its operation. You may need to reboot your computer and try again.

I hope this helps.

peter12213
October 7th, 2010, 05:56
I managed to uninstall the P38 completely the uninstaller just took a while to get going so I left it had some lunch and came back to find it had worked, so I rebooted and reinstalled the aircraft and all is now working well! Thanks for the support Tim and the rest of you guys! Fabulous aircraft!

Tim_FSD
October 7th, 2010, 10:39
Glad everything is A-OK now.

Keep the blue on top! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif