PDA

View Full Version : pearl missions

scruffbag
October 6th, 2010, 05:34
i cant use the missions cus i get a message saying"cant find model sha tanker php"."file is either corrupt or formatted improperly,blah blah blah" and it says it cant find JMK izuki or whatever its called,when its in my ship folder.AARRRRRGHHHH,I swear to god this sim hates me.I come up against wall after wall.

alpha_1
October 6th, 2010, 06:45
Patience m'man is, I believe, the key to surviving this sim at times. Murphy's law is bound to take effect now and then. Part of the fun AND of course, the frustration, is tinkerin' around, makin' mistakes, Gawd knows we've all had our own moments.....but hey! What a great bunch of guys, eh?

It's truly mysterious at times, but sometimes CFS2 just magically fixes these t'ings while we sleep, lol.....actually I'm not kidding.....sometimes, after a break, I've come back, having forgotten what was bothering me in the first place and found nothing wrong (not often enough, though....unfortunately, but it HAS happened).

Don't mean to make too light of your problems, but like I've been told, don't sweat the small stuff......have fun! Sometimes I ignore those nagging little things and move on for a while, then perhaps go back for another look later. The key for me to enjoying this sim, I found, was not to take things too, too seriously.....I've had problems with the odd thing, moved on for a time, completely forgotten them 'cause I'm immersed in some other facet of CFS2 and learning fantastic stuff at a rate 500% faster than I ever learned anything in school, lol.....and havin' the time of my life.

Hang in there, friend and remember.......stay loose!

Cheers!:wavey:

Talon
October 6th, 2010, 12:01
i cant use the missions cus i get a message saying"cant find model sha tanker php"."file is either corrupt or formatted improperly,blah blah blah" and it says it cant find JMK izuki or whatever its called,when its in my ship folder.AARRRRRGHHHH,I swear to god this sim hates me.I come up against wall after wall.

I put a zip of the sha tanker php in the other thread. For the JMK ship did you put in the Pen32win dp file and than delete the CDP file? Most of the JMK ships are setup as carriers but the new DPs set them up as the type of ship they should be. They also cut down on the flak and make it more realistic.

Sometimes instead of ranting wait for some help,it may take some time to come but you'll get it.

Talon

Talon
October 7th, 2010, 08:57
BTW Scruffbag,

You're welcome.

scruffbag
October 8th, 2010, 02:34
cheers talon,all is well with ur missions.did you have to hand edit them?

mariereid
October 8th, 2010, 02:40
Naw, he has some kind of super mind control! :ernae: