PDA

View Full Version : Mouse click spots in Vc

full
October 5th, 2010, 23:36
Hi, i have made my virtual cockpit and added gauges (2d) but when exported none of my click points will work like throttles etc, but if i disable the panel config they work but no gauges appear. This is in Fsx, has anyone had this problem before ? This does not happen in the Fs9 version.

Bjoern
October 6th, 2010, 12:52
That's an odd place to ask something like this. Try FSDeveloper of Freeflight Design Shop instead. I dare to say that there's more people familiar with modeling in its forums.

P.S: That issue sounds familiar to me, I think a forum search on FSDev or FFDS might turn up something usable.

full
October 6th, 2010, 14:31
A lot of people browse these forums so you never know who might see it, I posted at FsDeveloper earlier today but no replies yet :(

bazzar
October 6th, 2010, 14:36
A couple of things.

Teaching Granny stuff:

Check you have attached the correct mouse rectangles to everything and that the geometry switches and levers have the correct animations on them.

In FSX, the eyepoint can affect the functioning of click spots and mouse rectangles.
Try moving in and out with your keysets and see if it makes a difference.

As a fail-safe, Xform all the geometry pieces and take any scale off.

Well, that's a start...good luck.

full
October 6th, 2010, 15:22
Hi Bazzar, I've checked and double checked everything I know... the click points work when [VCockpit02] is disabled in the panel.cfg

Edit

Here is a link to the Model for anyone wishing to test it

http://www.classicwings.net/freeplanes/dornierdo28a/DornierDo28A_FSX.zip

SADT
October 6th, 2010, 15:36
Craig,

Is that the FSX version of the Do28?

full
October 6th, 2010, 15:49
Hi Craig,

Yes but its proving very awkward ! LOL

bazzar
October 9th, 2010, 15:19
Well I've had a look at the model in the sim and from what I can see, I think your problem lies with the 2D gauges you have in there. I can't tell straight off but it looks like you have a very big tile for the radio stack as the tooltext is all over that cockpit. That means it is masking any other mouse rectangles and click spots that are over the same area.

Do you use one big $ tile or multiple smaller ones? If it's one big tile I would wager tha hat is your problem. Try using multiple small tiles for each gauge or radio, clear of any switches etc.

Also, dump the 2d gauges and the $ plane out of the VC and see what happens.

I'd need to see the mesh if it is none of those things.

full
October 10th, 2010, 10:06
Hi Baz, I use smaller multiple planes for the gauges, I first thought that the gauges to be the cause of this problem but have done some tests and found it to be a texture problem....

I had initially only textured the props and mapped the gauges and left all other parts untextured and then export into FsX, and the problem started there, so I applied a small 256x256 texture to all the untextured parts and all the click points work now !

Very strange, but at least I know now LOL.