PDA

View Full Version : Annual Australian "sit on your backside day".

demorier
October 5th, 2010, 21:04
This weekend coming up is the annual Bathurst 1000km, Australasia's major enduro touring car
race. For us motor racing fans it's sit on your arse day and let the annual battle begin.

wombat666
October 6th, 2010, 00:30
Big weekend for us petrol heads!
Bathurst coverage begins Friday, MotoGP Malaysia, Japanese F1 GP and Bathurst qualifying all on Saturday, with Sunday coverage of Bathurst beginning at 07:00 (!!!) going through to 18:00, plus MotoGP Malaysia and F1 Japan in real time.
Only irritation, the Moto2 round coverage from Malaysia has been 'delayed' until 03:00 Monday.
Hooray for the 2Tb Hard drive PVR!!!!
:jump:
I'll be back and forth to watch Bathurst with my youngest brother, since his stroke he can't really get out for the day and his Care Facility is only five minutes walk from us.

demorier
October 6th, 2010, 00:59
Oh gawd....I hadn't got around to check out those other international events....the foxtel STB recorder is going to get a workout this weekend. :wavey:

Terry
October 6th, 2010, 03:20
This weekend coming up is the annual Bathurst 1000km, Australasia's major enduro touring car
race. For us motor racing fans it's sit on your arse day and let the annual battle begin.

1000km would require copious amounts fo brew to get through it. Do you think you will be awake for the finish? Sounds like fun!!!

demorier
October 6th, 2010, 16:13
For our modern domestic touring car racing Terry, this particular event is 5 to 6 hours of sprint racing up, down and around a mountain in rural NSW.

wombat666
October 11th, 2010, 08:05
Good race!!
Despite the odd dumb-arse move it was one of the better 1000's for some time.
I managed to get most of the race in with my youngest brother (the one who had a stroke early this year) at his care facility, won $10.00 because Bright finished without breaking the car and putting in a good performance, and after moving everything onto his terrace we had a nice day in the Spring sunshine.
Huge off for Coulthard and a lucky save for Frosty, but Davison was pretty stiff to have such a big shunt so close to the end.
:ernae: