PDA

View Full Version : Finally a pilot

mfitch
October 5th, 2010, 13:52
After a number of delays, I finally reached and passed my private pilot check ride this morning. It was canceled Saturday due to winds (33 gusting to 45). Between the oral and flight portions this morning, one of the chief CFI's told me pireps indicated choppy air in the practice area. This worked to my advantage, since it was impossible to be precise in the conditions. Nevertheless I completed each task and the examiner said I should go for an instrument rating thinking I would do well. I even managed a soft field landing on a straight in approach to runway 7 (a notorious approach due to airspace issues).

Happily the sky was perfectly clear, so in the rare moment between maneuvers I could see the mountains with their new snow all around. It was almost too bad I couldn't pay attention.

Now I can relax and get back to my day job.

Willy
October 5th, 2010, 14:10
Congrats! :ernae:

Bone
October 5th, 2010, 14:18
Congrats, Mfitch.

WND
October 5th, 2010, 14:25
Congrats Mfitch!!!! :salute:

I can remember when I did mine (many many many years ago!!) I had an early appointment so the winds weren't too bad... Next challenge is finding someone to ride with ya the first time!!! :jump:

Bill

Roadburner440
October 5th, 2010, 14:26
Congrats on the achievement. Time to go rent a plane and do some sight seeing.

Bjoern
October 5th, 2010, 14:40
*Applauds* :ernae:

TeaSea
October 5th, 2010, 15:17
Congratulations!!

Now you can start learning...

Curtis P40
October 5th, 2010, 15:30
:ernae: Way to go !! Alot funner than flying a "sim" only not as cheap :bump:
Have fun and stay safe.

Lionheart
October 5th, 2010, 15:40
Lucky Soul!!!!! Salute!

May you always have excellent landings and may nothing ever go wrong.

:salute:

TomSteber
October 5th, 2010, 17:40
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

jmig
October 5th, 2010, 17:44
Congratulations! You earned the right to be proud. You have made all of us proud!

:salute:

muletrain
October 6th, 2010, 19:52
Well done!!:salute:

kilo delta
October 7th, 2010, 02:53
Congrats...now the hour building begins! :)

mfitch
October 7th, 2010, 12:18
Thank you to all for the comments.

My training was in a Diamond Eclipse (DA20-C1), so my next step starting hopefully this Saturday is to get used to a Cessna 172 which are available for rent around here.

Bone
October 7th, 2010, 13:24
Thank you to all for the comments.

My training was in a Diamond Eclipse (DA20-C1), so my next step starting hopefully this Saturday is to get used to a Cessna 172 which are available for rent around here.

There's a small fleet of Diamonds (single and twins) at a flight school near me. I've been thinking about getting cheked out in them...verrry nice planes.

SADT
October 7th, 2010, 13:24
Congratulations... :salute:

Whats a Diamond Eclipse like to fly? If you have flown a 172, how do they compare?