PDA

View Full Version : is this really what it claims to be?

Lateral-G
October 5th, 2010, 09:34
http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-fsx-booster.phtml

FSX fsps Booster.......

Any one have any experience with this?

-G-

OleBoy
October 5th, 2010, 09:40
They're baiting fish here. Don't get hooked. That's my thought.

Helldiver
October 5th, 2010, 10:00
For $34 bucks U.S. they would have to give me an ride in a real airplane. Forget about it. I'll just keep on chasing the Frame Rate Fairy.

OleBoy
October 5th, 2010, 10:07
My thinking is, you either have the hardware to run it or you don't. Even then there's only so much you can do based on the FSX engine that was used.

pilottj
October 5th, 2010, 10:34
I imagine it will just 'automatically' make tweaks for you that you could make yourself manually from the various tutorials floating around.

Naismith
October 5th, 2010, 14:39
I reckon it to be an app aimed at the casual user who does not or cannot be bothered to do the research at fine places like this. Nothing can be achieved with it above and beyond the advices of the fine people here and Avsim and Simflight etc etc.
That's not to denigrate it at all, anything which makes things easier is to be applauded, and who knows, even the casual simmer who may otherwise may be put off by poor fps, may be sucked into our clutches forever by something like this.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon12.gif

OleBoy
October 5th, 2010, 15:18
I'm not knocking something like this. My big thing about stuff like this is that it's all pretty much generic.
....If a program like this had the potential to scan your computer for installed hardware, memory etc etc, and then configure it's own internal settings based on that (Good/Better/Best) it could be a good thing. But everything I've seen is still generic where you still have to do it manually so the configurations are set within the program. Just shutting down resources can be done via the task manager.

spotlope
October 5th, 2010, 16:39
I'm not knocking something like this. My big thing about stuff like this is that it's all pretty much generic.
....If a program like this had the potential to scan your computer for installed hardware, memory etc etc, and then configure it's own internal settings based on that (Good/Better/Best) it could be a good thing. But everything I've seen is still generic where you still have to do it manually so the configurations are set within the program. Just shutting down resources can be done via the task manager.

I might be mistaken, but from reading the description it seems that's exactly what this program does -- scans your particular hardware and uses that to make config tweaks that are custom-tailored to your setup. If so, I can see a use for it. It'd be nice to hear from someone who actually bought it and can give feedback.

bobmay
October 5th, 2010, 16:44
I didn't buy it but I did download the trial version which gives you one FS session. It was a disappointment, no noticeable improvement.

jstanbro
October 5th, 2010, 16:47
I have no personal experience with it, but there is a generally positive review on FlightSim.com at http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/fsxboost.htm

Jerry

OleBoy
October 5th, 2010, 18:10
I might be mistaken, but from reading the description it seems that's exactly what this program does -- scans your particular hardware and uses that to make config tweaks that are custom-tailored to your setup. If so, I can see a use for it. It'd be nice to hear from someone who actually bought it and can give feedback.

I didn't know this. And I almost put the proverbial foot in my mouth.....
...It sounds like someone has been listening, and or reading all these threads related to tweaks and all that are plastered all over the net. I honestly think that's the best approach to gain any improvements due to no one having the same configurations. Then again, not everyone has the same add-ons installed either. That alone throws another gear in the mess.
...Whatever someone tries to create that does as you and I are thinking, won't come easily as our virtual world is always changing. Who knows, this could be a start in the right direction. Just have to wait and see.

n4gix
October 5th, 2010, 18:16
How many people know that FSX actually "scans your system and presets the optimum settings" when it's first installed?

Come on how, don't be shy! Let's see a show of hands here! :173go1:

mmann
October 5th, 2010, 18:32
How many people know that FSX actually "scans your system and presets the optimum settings" when it's first installed?

I knew that; but I think the real question is: how many people agree with (and let be) the settings FSX came up with?

txnetcop
October 6th, 2010, 03:15
I think if you ask peter12213 you will get your answer he is now asking for overclock help. (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=78304) 80% of those tweaks were worthless, it still comes down to setting up your PC correctly and using components that don't cause bottlenecks.

peter12213
October 6th, 2010, 03:24
Yeah Ted's right really what it comes down to is your system! You really need to throw lots of money at your computer builder then when that doesn't meet your fsx expectations ask your mates on here how to boost it even more and still it'll never be 100%. But in my opinion these fps boosters never work! There was a great thing by Jesus Altuve and that boosed my fps no end but whether these boosters work for you is anyones quess i wouldn't pay that kind of money for one though! :salute:

OleBoy
October 6th, 2010, 03:52
Yep, Ted and Peter, I'm sure I'll be up in the tweaking forum asking the same or similar questions shortly after I get past the bright eyed wowzers myself.

spotlope
October 6th, 2010, 06:25

I know it tries to, but I've been less than impressed by its guesses in the past.

James
October 6th, 2010, 06:54
as a person who can usually only coax 10-18 fps from his rig, I can understand the reason that some people would want to get it. I gave it some thought first, but I decided to wait and see what people really though about it.

gera
October 6th, 2010, 07:21
I think if you ask peter12213 you will get your answer he is now asking for overclock help. (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=78304) 80% of those tweaks were worthless, it still comes down to setting up your PC correctly and using components that don't cause bottlenecks.

If I understand what you are saying I agree.....Most Tweaks that have been published do nothing to better your FSX, some even mess it up more for you...a lot of BS they are, but maybe some 3% do work..

gera
October 6th, 2010, 07:24
Will the Gentleman or Lady who bought this software please tell us all if it works or not???..no problema, if it dinīt work for you, except to your pocket......but like the commercial says.."We need to know"!!!!:mixedsmi:

Bjoern
October 6th, 2010, 12:54

If it really does, it's awfully ****e at it.

James
October 6th, 2010, 19:37
If it really does, it's awfully ****e at it.

haha. this is true. :bump:

edit::banghead:

Lateral-G
October 7th, 2010, 05:21
Will the Gentleman or Lady who bought this software please tell us all if it works or not???..no problema, if it dinīt work for you, except to your pocket......but like the commercial says.."We need to know"!!!!:mixedsmi:

That's why I'd like to know and asked the original question..............

-G-

Pepere
October 7th, 2010, 06:27
Some reviews:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_reviews.php?cPath=2_70_74&products_id=2707

David

Lateral-G
October 7th, 2010, 06:55
Some reviews:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_reviews.php?cPath=2_70_74&products_id=2707

David

Looks like a mixed bag of reviews.....nothing there to incline me to purchase.

thanx