PDA

View Full Version : Apple cider for dogs

rayrey10
October 3rd, 2010, 13:32
Yesterday my dog peed in the house, which she hadn't done since she was "house broken", and I noticed there was some blood in the urine so I took her to the Vet, turns out she has a urinary tract infection (UTI). Glad there wasn't anything wrong with her kidneys.

Anyways, my sister-in-law said to give her a small amount of apple cider, that supposedly that would help. Any body ever tried this on their dog?

Tako_Kichi
October 3rd, 2010, 14:02
From your avatar I can only assume you are in the US and therefore referring to the American term for cider which is basically apple juice. If so that should be OK for the dog in small amounts (depending on the size of dog of course).

In the UK and many other parts of the world cider is an alcoholic beverage (and can be highly intoxicating depending on type). Obviously this is not good to give to a dog.

brad kaste
October 3rd, 2010, 14:22
....You might look into giving her cranberry juice. There's something in it that helps fight urinary infections BIG TIME. Course' that the remedy for humanoids,...but I don't think it'd be any different with pups.

Quixoticish
October 3rd, 2010, 15:01
Yesterday my dog peed in the house, which she hadn't done since she was "house broken", and I noticed there was some blood in the urine so I took her to the Vet, turns out she has a urinary tract infection (UTI). Glad there wasn't anything wrong with her kidneys.

Anyways, my sister-in-law said to give her a small amount of apple cider, that supposedly that would help. Any body ever tried this on their dog?

I believe she means apple cider vinegar, a common cure-all for various ailments including UTI's.

luckydog
October 3rd, 2010, 15:33
In the UK and many other parts of the world cider is an alcoholic beverage (and can be highly intoxicating depending on type). Obviously this is not good to give to a dog.

I Beg Your Pardon !!

That's the ONLY kind I drink.......

rayrey10
October 3rd, 2010, 16:12
I Beg Your Pardon !!

That's the ONLY kind I drink.......

:bump:

Nice but my girl can't drink that kind. Yes I'm the U.S. so I am referring to the non-alcoholic kind (I believe we refer to the one with alcohol as hard cider). Anyways, I think Chris is right and that it may be apple cider vinegar. I have to check out the cranberry juice, I know it's good for humans but I have to see if it is good for dogs.

Thanks fellas!

Trans_23
October 4th, 2010, 10:32
I found out a few days ago while surfing Youtube that apple cider vinegar will also remove moles. Not the most visually pleasing videos to watch so I won't post a link. It is also used for colon cleansing I believe.
OK, I will shut up now....

rayrey10
October 4th, 2010, 16:01
:bump::bump::bump: