PDA

View Full Version : PAD Releases Bae 146-100

falcon409
October 3rd, 2010, 13:02
For those who find Premier Aircraft Designs offerings enjoyable to fly. . .take a look at their latest!!

Bjoern
October 4th, 2010, 08:48
Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look.

Sid2008
October 4th, 2010, 10:17
its wonderful and has a VC

Bjoern
October 4th, 2010, 12:17
The model is PAD's best one yet, but the engine starters are nothing short of a catastrophe! Neither autostart nor manual start works for me and I have no idea why. :/

falcon409
October 4th, 2010, 16:13
Bjoern, try contacting Bob May through the PAD website. He's on here from time to time, but he is very good about answering support questions and e-mails.:salute:

bobmay
October 4th, 2010, 17:51
The model is PAD's best one yet, but the engine starters are nothing short of a catastrophe! Neither autostart nor manual start works for me and I have no idea why. :/

Mmmm, that is surprising Bjoern. The engine starts work fine for me and for my design partner and beta testers, the feature would not have made it to release if they hadn't. As of today we've 1,200 + downloads, two thirds of the the FSX version, and no-one has come back to us with a query on the engine starters.
The only thing I can think of is that your fuel pump switches are not on, it's easy to overlook them when doing a manual start.
Anyhow, thanks for trying it and for your comments.

Bjoern
October 5th, 2010, 09:43
The only thing I can think of is that your fuel pump switches are not on, it's easy to overlook them when doing a manual start.

It's more of a starter thing, I think. Whenever I engage the starter it keeps switching on and off rapidly, kind of like how the starters in FS9 worked.

And to be honest, this is not the first time I have that problem with one of PAD's planes. :/

falcon409
October 5th, 2010, 11:11
Hmmmm, very odd. Just to be sure, I went back and tried mine (I have a setup of cold and dark), both manual and autostart without any problems.:salute:

Bjoern
October 5th, 2010, 12:12
I've just redownloaded the whole plane, reinstalled it and retried.

Parking brakes - on
Battery - on
Avionics - on
Beacon - on
Fuel pumps - on
Fuel switch - on

Starter engine one...the auto start switch starts switching on and off like crazy. Engine one N1 spools to 3% and stays there. Nothing happens, except the autostart switch toggling on and off.
I can't even disengage the fuel and starter switches!

Whack...

bobmay
October 5th, 2010, 12:57
OK, I don't really understand why it doesn't like you but here's a possible work around...

When the the autostart switch flickers and apparently does nothing else - switch off the battery, this cancels the autostart sequence, switch the battery back on and then click the autostart switch again.

Bob.

Bjoern
October 5th, 2010, 15:11
Next try.

Battery - on
Autostart - on

...and it starts without hiccups.

If I reload the aircraft and repeat the standard startup procedure, the starters go whack again.

I've taken a look at the starter XML code, tried to replace it with some custom one, but still no joy.

*Sigh*
Uninstalled it...:/

CG_1976
October 5th, 2010, 21:40
Bob, Im unable to complete a download of the C130's and 328's. They keep coming back corrupt.

bobmay
October 5th, 2010, 23:44
Our zips create new folders when they are extracted and the security features of some systems
(esp Vista and Win7) resist this.
Try disabling the UAC (User Account Control) in the security center before unzipping. If that doesn't work it may be your anti-virus program that doesn't like the look of our files.

Bob.

expat
October 5th, 2010, 23:56
May have been mentioned but I have manual start problems in FSX much more than in FS9 and the solution is usually to press Ctrl + Shift + F4 to open the fuel/mixture which despite my default flight setting can often re-set itself closed from one flight to the next. Give it a try.

Bjoern
October 6th, 2010, 12:49
May have been mentioned but I have manual start problems in FSX much more than in FS9 and the solution is usually to press Ctrl + Shift + F4 to open the fuel/mixture which despite my default flight setting can often re-set itself closed from one flight to the next. Give it a try.

Well, that's my standard "fix" for bugged startups, but it doesn't work in the 146.