PDA

View Full Version : FTX NA Blue

LouP
October 3rd, 2010, 06:39
Hi Guys,

Can FTX NA Blue be purchased as a download or is it only available in DVD? When using the links for purchase at the FTX site, all the purchase options appear to be in DVD format and I was hoping to have it installed for some flying today so I could check out the area.

Thanks,
LouP

CP1207
October 3rd, 2010, 06:45
This should get you there.
Download or DVD.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1218

LouP
October 3rd, 2010, 10:18
Thanks,

Just put it in my cart but before I pull the trigger, Is it true that add-ons like Bear Gulch will no longer work if PNW is installed?

Thanks,
Loup

spotlope
October 3rd, 2010, 10:21
Thanks,

Just put it in my cart but before I pull the trigger, Is it true that add-ons like Bear Gulch will no longer work if PNW is installed?

Thanks,
Loup

Bear Gulch should still work, but it might have issues. I'm doing a completely new version of it for a project that'll be released in the not-too-distant future, though. There are so many enhanced fields for NA Blue, you'll have no shortage of new places to fly into in the meantime.

LouP
October 3rd, 2010, 17:46
OK,

Purchased and installed but something's got to be wrong. The mountains everywhere are covered in desert sand. It really @#&^$ flying in this area with this going on. :censored::toilet: The PNW was my favorite place to fly in FS9. I read about this issue with the desertification problem in FSX but I was under the impression that FTX would have solved any of these issues. :banghead: Did I miss a setting somewhere? I selected FTX in my FTX control panel.

LouP

Roger
October 4th, 2010, 02:25
Well it does sound like something has gone wrong. So in the FTX control panel you've clicked on North America and then applied it and you are flying from an airfield inside the PNW area?

skyhawka4m
October 4th, 2010, 05:23
I too have area where there are not trees on mountains but I thought that was part of the scenery. I love it to death.

OleBoy
October 4th, 2010, 05:30
Skyhawk,

This can be as it is in reality. There are not necessarily trees covering the mountains throughout the regions as it depends where you are meaning. The Pacific Northwest is a multitude of climates depending on location. I have read where some feel the scenery is wrong due to scalped/open areas right in the middle of a huge spread of Forrest. When in fact that's how it is. If you posted pictures and told me of specific known land marks for my reference I could likely confirm any question :salute:

spotlope
October 4th, 2010, 06:31
LouP, ask about this problem on the Orbx support forum, and you'll get help quickly. Something definitely went pear-shaped with your install from the sound of it. By the way, one of the features you'll notice in FTX NA Blue is the preponderance of cutblocks - geometrical areas on the landscape that are devoid of trees. This is intentional and mimics real life. That's one of the advantages of having a forestry professional do the main landscape development - Holger knows his way around the PNW woods. ;)

LouP
October 4th, 2010, 14:18
Thanks Bill,

I would expect that there would be areas with no trees but when I sand dunes, I really mean sand, ripples and all. I set the scenery pretty low in my scenery list in an attempt to try and preserve some other scenery installs (including yours) so I plan on moving it up to see if that will help.

LouP

spotlope
October 4th, 2010, 16:23
Thanks Bill,

I would expect that there would be areas with no trees but when I sand dunes, I really mean sand, ripples and all. I set the scenery pretty low in my scenery list in an attempt to try and preserve some other scenery installs (including yours) so I plan on moving it up to see if that will help.

LouP

That's not a problem I've ever heard of in relation to FTX. Seriously, ask over on the FTX forums and you'll get a quicker answer than you're likely to elsewhere. That's where all the Orbx devs hang out.