PDA

View Full Version : WRC the game.

Ferry_vO
October 3rd, 2010, 04:31
http://www.wrcthegame.com/EN-us/

Looks interesting!

The graphics do not look as good as other recent racing games, but 78 stages, 550 km of roads, 40 different surfaces, all current WRC classes and Group B cars... :jump:

Will have to try the demo to find out how it 'feels'.

wombat666
October 4th, 2010, 07:18
Downloading right now!!!
Much more interesting to me than F1 2010 Ferry.
:jump::jump::jump:

Ferry_vO
October 4th, 2010, 13:52
First impressions from the demo: A lot harder than the Colin McRae series, but not a full sim like Richard Burns rally. The Milestone/Black Bean names had me worried a bit because they are also responsible for the rather mediocre 'V8 Superstar' series but this doesn't seem that bad. Graphics are OK (Though not as good as NFS Shift/DiRT2/F1-2010), sounds are nothing special. The co-driver sounds like Vinnie Jones and makes too many negative comments. All he needs to do is tell me which way to go; I already know I made a mistake!

IanP
October 30th, 2010, 14:10
There's also one massive problem with the game, which a lot has been made of on the forums, why I couldn't use the demo and why I haven't bought it.

Which twit wrote a driving sim that doesn't support split throttle/brake pedals at all!?!?

I've had controls that use split throttle/brakes since my Sidewinder FFB wheel for Windows 95. It's now 15 years later, a lot of sets of pedals that use different axis for accel and brake, yet WRC doesn't support them.

I dug out Mobil 1 British Rally Championship - a well over ten year old game that supports my G25 with no problems at all - and am playing that instead. ;)

Ian P.

Ferry_vO
October 31st, 2010, 04:54
Well that explains why I couldn't configure the pedals the way I wanted in the demo; shame it wasn't fixed for the full release!

IanP
November 27th, 2010, 11:30
Well, OK, here's a new twist...

Because I needed it for another game, I have set my G25's pedals to single axis for accel and brake. This has broken all my other driving sim/game pedal settings, but that's slowly getting fixed as I use them.

Anyway. Out of interest, I reinstalled the demo of WRC and tried it: I was unable to assign the brake to an axis. However, if I set the accelerator pedal to the accelerator, the brake pedal works as... a brake!

Still don't like the physics of the cars, they always want to spin on me and something keeps trying to steer the car, even though I turned off the irritating "assists" as soon as I started the game. However, I can now drive it with the G25.

Won't be buying it, though - blew my entire gaming and simming budget for the year (or, you know, my birthday money...) on NFS: Hot Pursuit and am having great fun with a Lamborghini Murcielago police car. :)

Ian P.