PDA

View Full Version : Critters in FSX

LCBORDEN
October 2nd, 2010, 14:33
Now that I have FSX running with it's sliders all the way right, I was wondering, doesn't FSX have birds and critters and such that fly around or stomp through the bush???? I have read that others have seen them...I was wondering what I need to do to get them to show as well?? Any help would be appreciated. After all how much fun can you have when you flame out from bird strikes...
Are there files I need to download, or put into scenery???? Thanks for any help.

Ol'jarhead:wavey:

Tako_Kichi
October 2nd, 2010, 14:47
Most animals are tied into missions (there is a grizzly bear around the landing site in one of the stock bush missions) or are added to scenery add-ons.

If you set 'Thermal Visualization' to 'Natural' on the weather settings tab of the settings page you will see eagles circling on the thermals, however, when you get close to them they disappear.

peter12213
October 2nd, 2010, 14:50
Uk VFR airfields has lots of birds!

Naismith
October 2nd, 2010, 14:54
ORBX stuff has birds also some Aerosoft sceneries, cannot say which though.

peter12213
October 2nd, 2010, 14:55
Lord Howe does for sure!

glennc
October 2nd, 2010, 15:58
Aerosoft's Dillingham and Andras field. Lots of rabbits at Andras.

Glenn

peter12213
October 2nd, 2010, 16:10
Whats an andras?

SADT
October 2nd, 2010, 16:55
Andras Field is an airpark concept scenery where users can buy plots/houses in the scenery. The Aerosoft fora have many details on this on-going project.

glennc
October 2nd, 2010, 18:40
In addition to what Craig said, Andras is a fictional field in southern Germany. There is a lot there including a hard surface runway, old military bunkers on one side, a girl chewing out her boyfriend, grass field and glider strip, water runway, tramway, the airpark and lots of other stuff. Visit Aerosoft and check it out.

Glenn

peter12213
October 2nd, 2010, 19:06
For us Brits is that the place where people have aircraft in there garage it's like a village where people have mustangs on there drive and not Fords?