PDA

View Full Version : 'Navy Or Marines?' - You Decide...

Panther_99FS
November 22nd, 2008, 19:42
And yep, it's the same aircraft......Could anyone "in the know" explain why they were painted like this :ques:

Techy111
November 22nd, 2008, 22:05
Not sure fella....found this Photo on Airliners.net....same i think....?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Beech-T-34A-Mentor/1266655/L/

Tony

JoeW
November 22nd, 2008, 23:42
P ... Every one knows that the Navy is a branch of the Marine Corps. The navy couldn't find it without the Marines.
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

plncrzymikey
November 23rd, 2008, 03:47
a number of the T-34s were attatched to RAG (training) squadrons where Navy and Marine pilots were 'type rated' on aircraft used by both services. for example, VMFAT-101 Sharpshooters, a Marine training squadron (F/A-18 A, B, C, D) attatched to a Marine Air Group. from personal interaction with squadron members, I learned that both Navy and Marine aviators were trained, and the Navy RAGs also train for both services.

just a thought on the subject.

crashaz
November 23rd, 2008, 07:27
The Marines get all our leftovers? :costumes::costumes::costumes:

wildcat400
November 23rd, 2008, 07:34
P ... Every one knows that the Navy is a branch of the Marine Corps. The navy couldn't find it without the Marines.

You might want to swap that around with the Marines are a branch of the Navy.

loganpass
November 23rd, 2008, 07:51
Must have been painted in an Air Force shop - Navy paint shop doesn't stay inside the lines and the Marines would have spelled it wrong. :173go1:

Craig Taylor
November 23rd, 2008, 08:15
VFA-125 "Rough Raiders" (tail flash "NJ") is based at NAS Lemoore, near Oakland. "Raiders" = silver and black paint scheme, I'm guessing. No idea why it says "Marines" instead of "Navy." Here's a link to a current T-34C. http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Beech-T-34C-Turbo/1029020/L/

Edit: OK, maybe not that close, but still...

JoeW
November 23rd, 2008, 08:18
You might want to swap that around with the Marines are a branch of the Navy.

You want to meet me behind the Red hanger at about 1400?

Helldiver
November 23rd, 2008, 09:38
In WWII, the Navy pilots that could't qualifiy for Carrier landings were demoted and made to join the Marines where they got to fly old, tired, Corsairs. - It was all very sad.
This is the truth. I'm not making this up.

wildcat400
November 23rd, 2008, 10:33
VFA-125 "Rough Raiders" (tail flash "NJ") is based at NAS Lemoore, near Oakland. "Raiders" = silver and black paint scheme, I'm guessing. No idea why it says "Marines" instead of "Navy." Here's a link to a current T-34C. http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Beech-T-34C-Turbo/1029020/L/

VFA-125 is the west coast FRS (Fleet Replenishment Squadron). VFA-106 is the Navy's East coast FRS or RAG squadron based out of NAS Oceana Virginia. BOTH of them use the F-18 Hornet. Both of them train BOTH Navy & Marine Corps aviators. Hence on the side of their hornets you will see either Navy OR Marines. VMAT-101 just trains (to my knowledge) Marine Corps pilots.

wildcat400
November 23rd, 2008, 10:37
Here is the Rough Raiders Marine & Navy birds:

You want to meet me behind the Red hanger at about 1400?

<~~~ Runs away.... :running:

:ernae:

Craig Taylor
November 23rd, 2008, 10:49
Interesting! Thanks, Wildcat. :ernae:

wildcat400
November 23rd, 2008, 14:19
Interesting! Thanks, Wildcat. :ernae:

Anytime. I was with 106 for a few months prior to going to shore duty when I was stationed in Cecil Field Florida.

MudMarine
November 23rd, 2008, 17:24
In WWII, the Navy pilots that could't qualifiy for Carrier landings were demoted and made to join the Marines where they got to fly old, tired, Corsairs. - It was all very sad.

I would not only call that a promotion but a GREAT honor......

MudMarine
November 23rd, 2008, 17:25
Just to let everyone know the Marine Corps is a "department" of the Navy......the mens department.:d

Prowler1111
November 23rd, 2008, 18:21
Just to let everyone know the Marine Corps is a "department" of the Navy......the mens department.:d

..I´m actually rolling on the floor laughing over this one!!:d:applause:

Prowler

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 18:26

Prowler

Kinda like the YMCA then eh :ques: :kilroy:

MudMarine
November 23rd, 2008, 19:00
Kinda like the YMCA then eh :ques: :kilroy:

No, not at all like the YMCA. Don't they have those on Air Force bases?:d

MudMarine
November 23rd, 2008, 19:02

Prowler

Not as fun as a formation of marching saliors! Now that's funny!!hehe:costumes:

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 19:32
No, not at all like the YMCA. Don't they have those on Air Force bases?:d

Nope,
We have the golf courses......:icon_lol:

wildcat400
November 23rd, 2008, 20:21
Not as fun as a formation of marching saliors! Now that's funny!!hehe:costumes:
:mad:

:censored:

MudMarine
November 24th, 2008, 01:19
:mad:

:censored:

I guess some people have never uttered the phrase "jarhead", "bullet sponge" or "sea going bellhop" before?:costumes: It's a joke and all in good fun. If we can't laugh at ourselfs.............?

MudMarine
November 24th, 2008, 01:24
Nope,
We have the golf courses......:icon_lol:

Ya, and every thing else the Marine Corps has none of! I loved Air Force bases, you guys know how to live!:costumes:

wildcat400
November 24th, 2008, 02:50
I guess some people have never uttered the phrase "jarhead", "bullet sponge" or "sea going bellhop" before?:costumes: It's a joke and all in good fun. If we can't laugh at ourselfs.............?

I'm just joking around with the smilies. It's the internet man, not real life.

Craig Taylor
November 24th, 2008, 05:25
Ya, and every thing else the Marine Corps has none of! I loved Air Force bases, you guys know how to live!:costumes:

Come on, now. The Marines have golf courses. I recall playing on the one at Camp Lejeune once -- but it was all sandtraps and bunkers. :d

MudMarine
November 24th, 2008, 07:11
Come on, now. The Marines have golf courses. I recall playing on the one at Camp Lejeune once -- but it was all sandtraps and bunkers. :d

Sure we have golf coures. If you like playing with all the DH Zero's that treat you like....:bs:......because you don't have shiny stuff on you collar.:costumes:

JoeW
November 24th, 2008, 07:39
Sure we have golf coures. If you like playing with all the DH Zero's that treat you like....:bs:......because you don't have shiny stuff on you collar.:costumes:

Mud .... I think he's refering to the confidance course. The one with the machine gun.

MaddogK
November 24th, 2008, 07:50

:) The Navy has 'Aviators', while everyone else has 'Pilots'.

Craig Taylor
November 24th, 2008, 08:27
Mud .... I think he's refering to the confidance course. The one with the machine gun.

You mean that wasn't the golf course? I wondered why I couldn't find the green from the top of the rope climb... :costumes:

Originally Posted by MudMarine
Sure we have golf coures. If you like playing with all the DH Zero's that treat you like..........because you don't have shiny stuff on you collar.

P.S. Mud, I did have shiny stuff on my collar...but I certainly tried to treat those who didn't with respect. ;)

MudMarine
November 24th, 2008, 08:53
You mean that wasn't the golf course? I wondered why I couldn't find the green from the top of the rope climb... :costumes:

P.S. Mud, I did have shiny stuff on my collar...but I certainly tried to treat those who didn't with respect. ;)

Hey, you cut out my laughie clown face guy from the quote; the one that lets everyone know I'm "supposed" to be joking.:d:costumes:

Craig Taylor
November 24th, 2008, 09:02
Hey, you cut out my laughie clown face guy from the quote; the one that lets everyone know I'm "supposed" to be joking.:d:costumes:

Not on purpose, and I knew you were joking. :ernae: Besides, I knew enough "zeros" who could substantiate your "observation"... :ernae: