PDA

View Full Version : Ito's FJ-1 Fury

delta_lima
October 1st, 2010, 22:13
I'm in the process of porting over Ito's FJ-1 to FSX. There are some fantastic repaints for it (Mike Wilson), and I'm hoping it'll all work out.

Anyone tried this? Any good panel suggestions that would work? 2D, preferrably.

Many thanks!

dl

mikew
October 2nd, 2010, 11:07
Wow! I'd almost forgotten about the FJ-1. It seems I did those paints eons ago. I'm glad you like them. I'm not much of a port over guy, but if you get the Fury working, I'd be interested in your mods.

Regards,

Mike

delta_lima
October 2nd, 2010, 12:18
From the man himself!!

Yes, love the RCN paint, and the drone paint too.

As with the Razbam T-2, no tailhook - grrrrr. Applied some of the fs9 fixes someone sent me a while back (modelr?), and it still seems to fly fast. Lovely bird, would love to get it working.

I've added the AS F11F tiger 2D panel as an interim - again, with a few fixes, could be a lovely plane for fsx.

dl

falcon409
October 2nd, 2010, 13:51
I know I did at least two repaints for this one after making a new layered paint kit. I also remember redoing the VC bitmap as well. . .pretty sure it's all saved on my external HDD. . . which, by the way, quit working last week, lol.

I'm taking it to a friend of mine who has his own Computer shop and see if he can get anything off of it. . .Tons of stuff saved to it and it's probably all gone.:banghead:

delta_lima
October 2nd, 2010, 20:55
I'd love to get these mods if you get your files back.

many thanks,

dl

falcon409
October 2nd, 2010, 21:23
I don't want to duplicate what you've already done DL, so what have you done to upgrade the Fury so far?

Rich
October 2nd, 2010, 22:02
The tail hook does work if you fix it in aircraft.cfg, look for the hydraulics entry and amend it to

[hydraulic_system]
normal_pressure=1000.000000
engine_map=1,0,0,0

A number of Mr Ito's models have hook or wing fold not working because there is no hydraulic pressure, not sure if the real thing had wing fold but this model does not.

falcon409
October 3rd, 2010, 05:47
Excellent, thanks Rich. . .that actually answers a problem I had with several of Ito's aircraft related to the tail hook. I was assuming I had a problem with the hotkey and never thought about the cfg file or the pressure settings.

Also, here is a shot of the mods I've done to the cockpit. The main panel is the final project. The variation in color from one side to the other is the shadow rendering inside FSX. . .I didn't make those two different colors, lol. The avionics shown are non functional. . .simply eye candy, but much sharper than the original which is all I wanted. . .I did also darken the cockpit a bit. . .never liked white or light gray or baby blue, lol.

delta_lima
October 3rd, 2010, 07:38
Brilliant catch Rich - would never have thought of that. I'm going to check the razbam T-2, in case that was why the hook never came down in fsx.

Falcon, my "fixes" are just applying some that the members here already did - a new aircraft.cft, etc. I can send it if you need ...

dl

Rich
October 3rd, 2010, 23:11
The hydraulic thing happens on a fair few port overs but was ok in Fs9, just had a bit of fiddling with it got it blasting off Victorious ok.

Made on the wrong side of the pond for me and to busy with RN stuff.

Glad you have the hook working though you could still have caught a wire without the visual hook it is nice to see it

Rich
October 3rd, 2010, 23:41
There are a few British naval aircraft that Mr Ito did that I would love to port to FSX but they have prop problems in as much as the prop disc is not transparent, they would fit in nicely on the period HMS Victorious one being the Fairey Barracuda another is the Boulton Paul Sea Balliol and of course the Fairey Gannet AEW, we have Rob Richardsons ASW Gannet native FSX but no AEW.

falcon409
October 4th, 2010, 17:15
Aside from moving some gauges and switches just a tad. . .the VC texturing is complete:

XLR8
October 4th, 2010, 18:05
Aside from moving some gauges and switches just a tad. . .the VC texturing is complete:

That looks wonderful.

delta_lima
October 4th, 2010, 20:03
Looks awesome Falcon!!!

falcon409
October 4th, 2010, 20:12
Thanks, I'll zip that part up and upload it tonight. At least you can use that part if you want. I'm starting on the exterior now. I had already done a lot of it and then went on to the cockpit and when I saved the first portion of what I'd done on the cockpit textures, I inadvertently saved it to the same name as the fuselage, lol. . .soooooooo. . .I had to start all over again on the fuselage, lol.

Oh well, lol:salute:

falcon409
October 4th, 2010, 22:20
VC texture has been uploaded. The zipfile also contains the current gauge set I used for replacing all the '98 version gauges that were incompatible with FSX along with the panel.cfg file. Be aware that every gauge moved and was resized per the new panel texture, so if you have a gauge set in place that you like and want to keep, don't use my panel.cfg file. Also, if you keep your current gauge setup, be aware that it will most likely not match the panel. If you have FSPanel Studio or have the uncanny ability to move and resize gauges the old way (basically with your eyes closed, lol), then this won't be a problem for you.:salute:

Bone
October 5th, 2010, 04:29
Once again, good job, Ed.:salute:

falcon409
October 5th, 2010, 10:15
Thanks, hope it works for everyone. . .quite a few downloads already.

Here are a few WIP shots of the updated default livery. I did a new layered paint kit and the shots show the side portions of the fuselage and a shot of the right side showing the difference between the original panel work (on the wing) and the newer version.

falcon409
October 5th, 2010, 18:07
One more with the Wings and Hor_Stab redone:

falcon409
October 5th, 2010, 21:04
. . . . .and a bit closer now. Just needs rivets in a few places. . .I few decals added to the fuselage and some shading in a few areas. I may or may not do any other liveries, but if anyone wants the paint kit I'm using, let me know and I'll get it to you.

delta_lima
October 6th, 2010, 07:33
Looking very spiffy, F!!!!

dl

Bjoern
October 6th, 2010, 13:05
Your texture editing skills have gotten really remarkable, Ed! *Thumbs up*

Rich
October 7th, 2010, 22:16
I have put together a alternative Flight Dynamics set for Mr Ito's Fury which some may want to try, all free so dump it if you don't like it.

Rich

falcon409
October 7th, 2010, 22:29
Great Rich. Needless to say the original FDE was not the greatest, especially trying to do carrier landing and the plane just wouldn't slow down. I'll give this a try. . . .many thanks!!:salute:

delta_lima
October 8th, 2010, 07:08
F,

Just noticed the ADF and compasss don't work - did I miss something?

Otherwise, the panels looks superb!

dl

falcon409
October 8th, 2010, 09:03
F,
Just noticed the ADF and compasss don't work - did I miss something?
Otherwise, the panels looks superb!
dl

Hmmm, I'll have a look dl, to be honest, I placed them where they needed to go but never really tested them to be sure they were functional, just assumed they would be. . .a wrong assumption maybe.:salute:

delta_lima
June 2nd, 2011, 12:11
I'm looking to try the new deck Leyte textures with something new - and I'm wanting to dig out this lovely little peanut of a plane.

Falcon, did you ever fix the compass and ADF? Sorry to bug you man ... but I love this plane too much to just ignore it ... looking for some straight-wing jet loving tonight ... :wavey:

Many thanks,

dl

ps: thanks again to Rich, Falcon and MikeW - I love both the repaints and the fixes. This is one of those little planes that just never fails to put a smile on my face. Cute as a button ...

falcon409
June 2nd, 2011, 15:51
DL, I probably haven't flown this one since right after that 2010 post, lol. I loaded it up tyhoguh and took it for a quick flight. The compass works fine and the ADF as well. I tuned in a local NDB station and the needle swung immediately to the correct course.

Can you post the portion of the panel.cfg you have that relates to those two and make sure we have the same instruments?:salute:

delta_lima
June 2nd, 2011, 20:08
OK - fixed. I didn't have the panel package properly installled.

Found the gauge file - life is good.

MikeW, Rich, and Falcon - great job on giving this beauty a new lease on life.

Overall, I'm very happy. The gauges in the VC look quite fuzzy - suspect there's not much I can do there. But the VC itself looks better than stock - well done Ed!

Rich's AIR file makes it fly believably like a straight wing jet, not a delta-winged hotrod. Happy enough with that. What fun!

dl

falcon409
June 2nd, 2011, 20:30
. . . . . . .EDIT - found them in FSX Panels ... why didn't I look there, you ask? My question, is how did I ever get through grade school, LOL
lol, lol. . . . .oh I've been there too dl, lol.:salute:

delta_lima
June 2nd, 2011, 20:52
Thanks again Ed - I edited my last post with the results - but I wanted to stress your panel improvements were superb - just confused about the gauges themselves. Didn't want to come across ungrateful ....

but if there is no fix, that's ok too. 1950 era carquals is a hoot ....

dl

falcon409
June 2nd, 2011, 21:46
Thanks again Ed - I edited my last post with the results - but I wanted to stress your panel improvements were superb - just confused about the gauges themselves. Didn't want to come across ungrateful ....

but if there is no fix, that's ok too. 1950 era carquals is a hoot ....

dl
Hey, not at all dl, one of my senior moments is all, lol. Just completely forgot to look at the gauges and then it was gone from my brain cells til you brought it up again, lol. Let me know if you have any problems with those two. I can always send you a zip of what I have as a fix.:salute:

delta_lima
June 3rd, 2011, 07:19
Hey, not at all dl, one of my senior moments is all, lol. Just completely forgot to look at the gauges and then it was gone from my brain cells til you brought it up again, lol. Let me know if you have any problems with those two. I can always send you a zip of what I have as a fix.:salute:

No problems - at least in the sense that all gauges now work. My only comment was that all the gauges were quite blurred - as per my screen in the above post. Is this how yours look?

If so, then I know it's just life. By the way, I'm using your high-res cockpit bmp. Not that this should be a factor, inasmuch as we're talking about blurred gauges, whereas your panel is fairly crisp.

Anyway - that's the status.

:ernae:

dl

falcon409
June 3rd, 2011, 09:17
No problems - at least in the sense that all gauges now work. My only comment was that all the gauges were quite blurred - as per my screen in the above post. Is this how yours look? . . . . . . .:ernae:
dl
Yea, unfortunately, mine is the same way. I checked the panel.cfg to be sure I'd placed the pixel_size=1024,1024 notation there and it was so I guess short of changing every gauge out for sharper bitmaps, that's what we have.:salute:

delta_lima
June 3rd, 2011, 10:27
Rgr.

All in all - still a great and fun package - enjoying it immensely.

thanks!

dl