PDA

View Full Version : Finally a day to test the K-x

Cazzie
October 1st, 2010, 16:47
It's been raining folks, lots of rain. The Dan River peaked at 22-ft., 5-ft. above flood stage at 17-ft. Had we not had a dry Summer, things could have been worse. Believe it or not, we needed this rain!

I like the overall image Panther, but the PENTAX HDR feature is best left OFF. I have written to PENTAX too, the K-x is advertised to have a kow end ISO of 200, mine only has a low end of 400 and will not go lower. I want a low end ISO for less digital noise in daylight and studio lit photography. Haven't had a chance to test it on the telescope yet, will try some moon shots first.

It takes one dynamite movie, the one here edited for YouTube in size.

Shot is of the Union St. Dam at 9:00 AM this morning.

Caz

YudGEZ2V7t4

Panther_99FS
October 1st, 2010, 18:41
Why can't you go to ISO 200?

Cazzie
October 2nd, 2010, 03:00
Why can't you go to ISO 200?

Strangest thing Panther.

This morning, I turned the camera on and boom, the ISO range was 200 - 6400! I have no idea?

Anyhow, I tried some lunar photography this morning, none to my liking.. But I am just learning all the right stops in Manual Mode, which is what I have to use. I was so sleepy last night after the football game (went to a local HS game), I was too stupid to even learn how to set the time for the exposure, Duh Huh. On all astrophotography one wishes maximum aperture, that is wide open. On the K-x that be 5.6.

But hey, now that I got 200 ISO, I'm happy. The thing takes a beauty of a movie, but even with the Ultimate Lithium, batteries take a hit in Movie Mode. Might have to invest in their AC adapter for that.

More as I learn my way around. So far I have not been pleased with thr HDR feature. But again, that could be my stupidity and something I am doing round.

Caz