PDA

View Full Version : Rami’s ETO install guide file problems

Shessi
October 1st, 2010, 15:13
Hi Rami,
Have decided to do a new major European install using your 'bible' and following it to the letter.

There are a few problems with corrupt zip files, which I don't know if are important or not.
DEM8/LOD8 files:-
DEM8_04.zip has DEM4q00c_8.bgl
DEM8_11.zip has DEM4q20b_8.bgl
DEM8_18.zip has DEM4p10a_8.bgl

The other bgls in the same zip are fine it's just the ones above. I've downloaded several times and still no go. All the other 19 zip files are fine.

I went to Rick's (Rhumbaflappy) Skydrive to see if I could get the bgls, his only covers CFS2 areas ie. Far East and Europe. The above corrupt bgls are other parts of the world and as I only need cover for Europe, do I need them?

Also his file DEM4m00b_8_fix.zip, which I need (or is this a Far East bgl? and therefore not needed), I downloaded here a while ago and now find is corrupted, went to get it again and now it is no longer available.

Is it being fixed and re-uploaded or?

Thanks.

Cheers Shessi

Rami
October 1st, 2010, 15:18
Shessi,

Go to Rhumbaflappy's site: http://www.ludowise.x10hosting.com/

Then, click on "Mesh on Skydrive"

Then, click on the DEM8 folder.

Now, because you know what .bgl files you need to replace, use the "find" feature (under the 'edit' pull-down menu) on your Firefox browser, then type in the name of the .bgl file which you need to download. (Just leave out the .bgl extension)

Doing this, I was able to find all four of the .bgl files you are looking for. You should know what to do from there.

Shessi
October 2nd, 2010, 02:41
Hi Rami,
Many thanks, I thought I was going mad! Yes, I searched using the .bgl extension, and of course coundn't find them...dohh! :d. That's late and being tired!

Ricks DEM4m00b_8.bgl fix is a larger bgl (more information?) than the one on his Skydrive, which is the correct one and is it needed?

For future it might be better to repackage those corrupt zip files to save time and effort?

Now onwards and upwards to a new (CFS2) world!

Cheers Shessi

Rami
October 2nd, 2010, 03:05
Shessi,

1) If the file on Richard's site is larger, go with that one.

2) We've tried to repackage it, twice. It uploads fine, but when it's downloaded, for some unknown reason it corrupts. Even the "fix" in the new scenery section is that way.

Shessi
October 2nd, 2010, 13:11
Rami,

Yes, unfortunately that's my point.

I'd like to go with the larger file but the one on his Skydrive and in the SOH download packs are the original smaller file, the only one of the larger size is the fix bgl zip file and that's corrupt at SOH (and from what you say it keeps corrupting) and it's not available on his Skydrive.

So unless Richard re-uploads again or puts it as the separate fix bgl on his Skydrive the smaller one will have to do. Thanks.

Cheers Shessi