PDA

View Full Version : Is there a FSX IL-2 Sturmovik in the works??

Death_Eagle_571
October 1st, 2010, 13:23
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything of one of these in the making, I've always thought its needed alittle love hehe

huub vink
October 1st, 2010, 14:09
Euhm, I haven't heard anything and to be honest I would be surprised when one would be in the making. As far as I can recall there wasn't a genuine one for FS9 as well.

Strange as the IL-2 was one of the most produced aircrafts from WWII! (42,330!!!)

Huub

Bjoern
October 1st, 2010, 14:18
Why should there? You can't shoot them down in FSX after all...

jp
October 1st, 2010, 15:05
^Debbie Downer...^

Death_Eagle_571
October 1st, 2010, 15:13

I heard they were pretty hard to shoot down in real life too hehe

roger-wilco-66
October 1st, 2010, 15:23
Erich Hartmann shot down a lot of them, he said hitting them in the unprotected oilcooler under the motor was the way to bring them down. This tactic (6 o'clock low approach, from behind) also reduced the risk of getting hit by the defensive aft gun.

-> ^Debbie Downer...^ --> ROFL !!!

Cheers,
Mark

bazzar
October 1st, 2010, 15:28
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything of one of these in the making, I've always thought its needed alittle love hehe

There ought to be. Fascinating aeroplane.

stiz
October 1st, 2010, 16:48
Strange as the IL-2 was one of the most produced aircrafts from WWII! (42,330!!!)

it was also, aparrently, one of the most shot down :monkies:

Hurricane91
October 1st, 2010, 17:48
There ought to be. Fascinating aeroplane.
I agree. The Il-2 is a very significant aircraft. It's technical acheivements were rightfully overshadowed by the combat record of the crews who flew it. It is true that the Il-2 units took terrible losses, but when the smoke cleared it was they who were flying over Berlin.
A Soviet fighter pilot once wrote that whenever he was in the presence of Il-2 crewmen, he always remained standing until the Il-2 veterans were seated.

peter12213
October 1st, 2010, 17:55
Personally I'd prefer a native I-16 Rata before an il-2 that said a nice mig-19 would be great too, strange you never hear from Beat studios these days they did alot of great aircraft for both Fs9 and fsx

Piglet
October 1st, 2010, 18:51
I rather just fire up That Other Sim. What was the name? IL-2, or 4, or somethin'?
There one can actually shoot stuff, or get shot down...
For that matter, same with 109, 190, 51, 40, Spit...

huub vink
October 2nd, 2010, 00:31

Nope, but I can/do crash everything in FSX ;)

Huub

mikezola
October 2nd, 2010, 08:27
Hello-
Kazunori Ito made one for FS2004 a couple of years ago- maybe it will port over... of course, one would have to address the usual things with one of his planes, his flight dynamics, removing some of the shine, etc... I think they're worth the tweaking, though... -Mike Z.

Daveroo
October 2nd, 2010, 08:31
i personally would love to have an IL2,,,that "other sim" as piglet said,,,wont work on my pc,,the planes seem to work but the graphics are just a grey panel looking area...for landscape...anyway..its one of my all time favorate ac...got a potload of P51s,BF109s,P47s all kinds of "merican and brit fighters that cant be shotdown or shoot anything up...so why not a IL-2?

Bjoern
October 2nd, 2010, 09:37
I heard they were pretty hard to shoot down in real life too hehe

They weren't called "flying blocks of concrete" for nothing.

But as Mark said, they're vulnerable from six o' clock low.
Although on the early field modded versions, I actually try an approach from six high first to kill the unprotected gunner. He sits in the open and his MG has a fairly unlimited field for firing. It happened more than once that that darn gunner got my engine and forced me to limp back home.

^Debbie Downer...^

Qué?

Nope, but I can/do crash everything in FSX ;)

...and here I thought only Panther didn't possess any flying skill, lol.

Ferry_vO
October 2nd, 2010, 12:19
Would like a good FsX Sturmovik, but in general it seems that both Russian and Japanese WWII aircraft are largely ignored by developers. Even better would be an FsX native high quality Mitsubishi Zero though!

Hurricane91
October 2nd, 2010, 16:49
Then there is the other, other sim. Thickosehaskel's Il-2s (and many other CSF2 aircraft) work well in FS9.

An Il-2M in GW3...

icarus
October 2nd, 2010, 21:06
i would like on future made an i-15 and i-16 and perhaps an il-2 but my russian is very limited, especially manuals related