PDA

View Full Version : Any of you jumping on these Virtavia releases?

pilottj
September 30th, 2010, 19:38
Hey guys I noticed Virtavia releasing a few birds over at flightsim.com, from the screenies they look pretty decent. The EZ looks nice as does the GeeBee, but we all know screenies can look pretty. Are these quality birds?

heres the virtavia page at FS Pilot Shop
http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=333

Cheers
TJ

RKinkor
September 30th, 2010, 19:47
I own the Dart and the EZ from when they were Alphasim birds and they are good. Do not know if Virtavia has changed anything on them or not.

glennc
September 30th, 2010, 19:48
TJ,

As you probably know, these are re-releases of some of the more recent Alphasim products. I picked up the Blackhawk right after it came out at Simmarket. I'm happy with it. I'm no chopper pilot in any way, but this is one of the easier ones to land, To me, it's worth the price.

Glenn

Ian Warren
September 30th, 2010, 19:52
These are all ex-Alphasim models , I have many in the list which is so small at the moment, i,m sure many the others will appear , one not shown is is a favorite is the B-24 Liberator . Im only purchase so far from Virtavia group and house is the B1 Lancer .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

djscoo
September 30th, 2010, 19:52
The EZ and GeeBee are both good quality.

peter12213
September 30th, 2010, 19:56
Actually most of us have them all already!

Kiwikat
September 30th, 2010, 20:07
The EZ is pretty nice, but then again I'm a bit biased... :p:

Dain Arns
September 30th, 2010, 20:09
I highly recommend the GeeBee and the EZ.
I still roll out the EZ from time to time.
Both are still pretty 'immersive' when flying them, but not Accusim level.

I also like the F-106 as well.
Landing it can be bit of a challenge.

The CH-46's VC is probably going to turn off a lot of people.
Its been one I personally have wanted anyway, and finally got a couple weeks ago, but probably would not recommend it.
Its consistent with early Alphasim designs.

rvn817j
October 1st, 2010, 05:34
I have the Vari E Z (experimental airplane aficionado that I am). VC works very well as well as fine flight characteristics. Not a T-6 Texan II, but still a fun airplane. (Comes in both O-320 and O-235 versions.)

vora
October 1st, 2010, 11:38
I catch myself flying the Turbo Mentor a lot. A fine plane in my book.

SADT
October 1st, 2010, 16:41
I hear the Turbo Mentor has advanced engine management....... :jump:

Does that even extend to hot/hung starts and cool smoke effects when you cook your turkey?

Nick C
October 1st, 2010, 23:45
We have a review of the Long-EZ here if it's of any interest: http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/alphasim_rutan_review.htm

pilottj
October 2nd, 2010, 08:32
hmm thanks for the info guys, I might just have to put that EZ on the get list.

Cheers
TJ

pbearsailor
October 2nd, 2010, 08:41
hmm thanks for the info guys, I might just have to put that EZ on the get list.

Cheers
TJ

I can say with RL experience as a Long EZ builder that the flight model is very close to the way a Long EZ flies, but it'll fly differently from most other planes in your hangar. Dan was nice enough to include my N146SP in the paints. He did a great job on the Long.

cheers,
steve :wavey: