PDA

View Full Version : Eyefinity the future for FSX and MS Flight

SirBenn21
September 30th, 2010, 18:36
The funny thing when I bought my new Sapphire 5870 X-Vapour OC is that I never really realized what eyefinity was.
One thing I can say now is that the guys at Matrox with their Triple head go must be PI$$ED off. :a1451:

Their over prised technology in my opinion is obsolete if you have a ATI with eyefinity. I've always wanted to get it, but the price was always a no sale with me.

I think Eyefinity is going to be one of those things like getting the TrackerIR and wondering how you got by without it for so long! :jump:

I've already tried it with my two monitors ant it works a treat. I'll update when I get my third monitor.

Ben

Here is a few links to those who are interested.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...mance_review/6 (http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/01/05/amds_ati_radeon_eyefinity_performance_review/6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RCx4dAnrtg

stansdds
October 1st, 2010, 02:18
Flight sims with multiple monitors must be quite the experience. Looks like they actually give the player some peripheral vision, something that is lacking with a single monitor.

johannesl
January 2nd, 2011, 11:38
I have Eyefinity hooked up to 3 23" monitors and it is very impressive. You do get a great peripheral view, but it is some what magnified (objects are not as close as they appear) which is probably because when FSX was developed something like this didn't exist, but it is still a very emersive experience. It works great in combat flight sims too as it's easier to see the bad guys. The price was right too. $100 for the adapter as opposed to $300 for a Triple Head 2 Go. (Cost of the video card is extra unless you happen to buy a computer that has an ATI 5000 series card in it.)

OleBoy
January 2nd, 2011, 13:28
Ben, your flightsim experience is rock'in.

Eyefinity. Hmmm, something I have wanted to see in FSX since this new technology has come to light. Alright, here it is. A portion of it anyway. The ability to have multiple monitors. This is great, but something I will likely never do. I think anyway.

My question is. What benefit is it to have a card with the eyefinity feature as opposed to not if you only have a single monitor when comparing video cards. I have two considerations in my new build. GTX580 and ATI5970. What are the benefits and best choice for FSX specifically?

I'd love to see a video comparison that uses the same settings in FSX and the same hardware specs short of the video cards

txnetcop
January 2nd, 2011, 15:49
The only problem the testers at TechCorp have with Eyefinity is the jaggy line issue on a single monitor without TrackIR5. Nvidia gives a sharper image on the single monitors. If you read Nick N's page he explains whey ATI does not do as well with clarity with FSX without TrackIR5. I have both ATI and Nvidia and prefer Nvidia on a single large monitor. I do hope one day to get TrackIR5. Also the GTX580 is the fastest video card on the market right now. A position once held by 6800 series ATI cards now called AMD Radeon. The 6900 series AMD Radeon turned out to be a bit of disappointment but AMD engineers are working to correct the GPU issues. By the way...excellent video demonstrating the benefits of TrackIR5 and EYEFINITY!
Ted

atf300
January 4th, 2011, 05:34
Ben, your flightsim experience is rock'in.

Eyefinity. Hmmm, something I have wanted to see in FSX since this new technology has come to light. Alright, here it is. A portion of it anyway. The ability to have multiple monitors. This is great, but something I will likely never do. I think anyway.

My question is. What benefit is it to have a card with the eyefinity feature as opposed to not if you only have a single monitor when comparing video cards. I have two considerations in my new build. GTX580 and ATI5970. What are the benefits and best choice for FSX specifically?

I'd love to see a video comparison that uses the same settings in FSX and the same hardware specs short of the video cards

if you wont ever do it , just go for the 580 , the ati cards have an advantage that it can run 3monitor (6 on the eyefinity edition) on one card . nvidia requires dual cards for that , and since dual cards dont do anything for fsx , you'll be having a second card just for the connectors

atf300
January 4th, 2011, 05:37
The only problem the testers at TechCorp have with Eyefinity is the jaggy line issue on a single monitor without TrackIR5. Nvidia gives a sharper image on the single monitors. If you read Nick N's page he explains whey ATI does not do as well with clarity with FSX without TrackIR5. I have both ATI and Nvidia and prefer Nvidia on a single large monitor. I do hope one day to get TrackIR5. Also the GTX580 is the fastest video card on the market right now. A position once held by 6800 series ATI cards now called AMD Radeon. The 6900 series AMD Radeon turned out to be a bit of disappointment but AMD engineers are working to correct the GPU issues. By the way...excellent video demonstrating the benefits of TrackIR5 and EYEFINITY!
Ted

the 6970 isnt a dissapointment if you look at the price/performace ratio . it just isnt the fastest gpu , but if you want a single gpu solution for multimonitors its the best card you can get. it offers 480 performance with eyefinity, and the price is rather good .