PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions re MAW/ETO and GC Swordfish

wsmwsm
September 30th, 2010, 13:19
Is there any (simple) way to:

(a) Install a propeller into the MAW/ETO Swordfish and/or
(b) Install a gunsight into the GC Swordfish?

Thanks.

ndicki
September 30th, 2010, 22:35
Hummm... Alternatively, if the gunsight is part of the cockpit mesh in the MAW Swordfish, have you tried putting the MAW cockpit in the GC aircraft? As they were both made by Mathias, you might find that they do more-or-less fit together tolerably well. Worth trying, I'd imagine.

Mathias
October 1st, 2010, 00:29
Is there any (simple) way to:

(a) Install a propeller into the MAW/ETO Swordfish and/or
(b) Install a gunsight into the GC Swordfish?

Thanks.

a) Go tease Nachtpiloten about it, he has the source files.
b) I would really scrap that old GC S-fish of ours, it's so awfully old. Rather replace it with the MAW version as it's the better mesh.

ndicki
October 1st, 2010, 02:06
Which is a bit of a pity, because some of the skins for the old one - including some I brought over from CFS2 - were rather nice. Unfortunately the new one never made it to the "exciting new skins" stage, which is also a pity. Was it Alessandro or John who painted the MAW one?

wsmwsm
October 1st, 2010, 03:39
Hummm... Alternatively, if the gunsight is part of the cockpit mesh in the MAW Swordfish, have you tried putting the MAW cockpit in the GC aircraft? As they were both made by Mathias, you might find that they do more-or-less fit together tolerably well. Worth trying, I'd imagine.

I had already tried the cockpit switch. No go. The VC without the gunsight still appears.