PDA

View Full Version : f-35

merida72
September 30th, 2010, 11:58
Can anyone help me?

Who can tell me what is written?

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7579/decalquestion.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/decalquestion.jpg/)

I need to finish this ...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/429/f35r.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/i/f35r.jpg/)

thanks in advance
:ernae:

Warrant
September 30th, 2010, 12:05
Tried contacting Lockheed Martin?

merida72
September 30th, 2010, 12:07
Tried contacting Lockheed Martin?

I was thinking something more simple :salute: ser!

spotlope
September 30th, 2010, 12:15
The top text (in the arrow outline) says "RESCUE", of course. No idea what the smaller text is, but clearly it relates to access for rescuers. I guess that doesn't help you much. :rolleyes:

peter12213
September 30th, 2010, 12:19
Rescue -->> "warning do not cut canopy within 3 inches of canopy frame"

Thats wrong actually! Going to get a book !!

Right this is what I think it should say .. "For emergency use only push button remove T handle and pull to jettison Canopy" That maybe wrong though!

merida72
September 30th, 2010, 12:22
Right this is what I think it should say .. "For emergency use only push button remove T handle and pull to jettison Canopy" That maybe wrong though!

I trust

trevytt2004
September 30th, 2010, 12:38
I trust

As its an aircraft still very much in test and dev. possibly says.........

Rescue
my life insurance policy # is
My next of kin is .........

searched around the net, but info is very lacking....

The chances are, the wording also changes frequently depending on what stage of testing the airframe is up to.

Warrant
September 30th, 2010, 12:40
I was thinking something more simple :salute: ser!

Lockheed Martin site with high detail photo's:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lockheedmartin/sets/72157601438420763/

One of the detail shots (rightclick mouse and select original):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lockheedmartin/4330313370/in/set-72157601438420763/

Quite simple, 3 minute search :wavey:

merida72
September 30th, 2010, 12:52
is the same for the model A?

------>>>>> TURN FWD MASTER LATCH - AND AFT MASTER LATCH - TO OPEN DOOR <<<<<<<----------------

But I think you're right ...

thank you very much :jump: :jump: :jump:

peter12213
September 30th, 2010, 13:34
I still think thats wrong Luigi, I think maybe it varies for every model, maybe we'll only know when our countries get the F35B :jump:

Dino Cattaneo
October 4th, 2010, 04:17
Nice looking repaint Luigi!

And, although I know Iris is working on one, I've already started converting my F-35A model into an F-35B. It still needs 10-12 hours of work before being rolled out for Beta flights, however...and I cannot tell when I will find that time...

merida72
October 4th, 2010, 09:19
Nice looking repaint Luigi!

And, although I know Iris is working on one, I've already started converting my F-35A model into an F-35B. It still needs 10-12 hours of work before being rolled out for Beta flights, however...and I cannot tell when I will find that time...

Hello Dino! welcome back

thanks a lot :ernae:... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=43738
I hope to soon see the "C" version ... however I have already read the news to your blog.

Warrant
October 4th, 2010, 09:24
I'll volunteer for Beta-testing :jump:

peter12213
October 4th, 2010, 14:08
:salute: :jump: Me too please!

Dino Cattaneo
October 4th, 2010, 23:06
Ok, yesterday I finally cut the STOVL doors... and unfortunately it does not look that good.
What happens is that the model is so "jagged" that cutting away those panels spoils the normals and the resulting surfaces do not look that good. I am not sure I have a workaround for it - and this is has been major disappointment.

At this point I need to verify my priorities - and probably move to another project.

Sundog
October 4th, 2010, 23:10
Ok, yesterday I finally cut the STOVL doors... and unfortunately it does not look that good.
What happens is that the model is so "jagged" that cutting away those panels spoils the normals and the resulting surfaces do not look that good. I am not sure I have a workaround for me - and this is has been major disappointment.

At this point I need to verify my priorities - and probably move to another project.

Thanks for trying, but I'm not shocked. With all of those doors and the different fuselage contours for the lift fan, you would probably have to make at least 40% of the fuselage new.

skyblazer3
October 4th, 2010, 23:16
Dino,

I'm sorry to hear of your setback. We all very much enjoy your F-35. We will support whatever project(s) you choose to do.

Thanks for the great work you've done,

Chris

merida72
October 5th, 2010, 00:56
Hi Dino

you never considered, given the experience of the F-14, to make a tornado?

:monkies:

Dino Cattaneo
October 5th, 2010, 01:01
Well, yes, although the F-35 versions may seem similar, the differences are pretty big.
In terms of 3D modeling, turning my F-35A into and F-35C is the most difficult conversion as the wing is completely new and extremely difficult to blend with the existing model.

As for the F-35B I've already reshaped the fuselage so that it is close to the F-35B....the problem is the fact that each boolean operation may introduce errors...so when I split the STOVL doors (Lift fan inlet, Lift fan exhaust, RCS doors, auxiliary air intake, engine swivel) the result is less than optimal.
I will make one last attempt by reverting to older version and cut the doors in a slightly different way... I do not think it will be much better...but the F-35B is so cool (well...despite the development issues the real one is facing) that it is worth trying.

Dino Cattaneo
October 5th, 2010, 01:11
@Merida72

well, surely I've thought about a Tornado...as well as a Typhoon and others.
But I simply do not have time - if only the time needed to study such complex machines.

That is why I would stick to the ones I know (a little): the T-45 and the F-14. I can improve both and it will not take years.
I am considering to do another trainer, too...but that is far away in future...

rcbarend
October 5th, 2010, 13:58
Well, yes, although the F-35 versions may seem similar, the differences are pretty big.
In terms of 3D modeling, turning my F-35A into and F-35C is the most difficult conversion as the wing is completely new and extremely difficult to blend with the existing model.

As for the F-35B I've already reshaped the fuselage so that it is close to the F-35B....the problem is the fact that each boolean operation may introduce errors...so when I split the STOVL doors (Lift fan inlet, Lift fan exhaust, RCS doors, auxiliary air intake, engine swivel) the result is less than optimal.
I will make one last attempt by reverting to older version and cut the doors in a slightly different way... I do not think it will be much better...but the F-35B is so cool (well...despite the development issues the real one is facing) that it is worth trying.
Hope you can get it fixed.
Because I would love the challenge of adding proper VTOL to such a great model :jump:....
If a non-FDE solution for it is still needed of course ....

Cheers, Rob