PDA

View Full Version : Attention TARPSBird : Are you involved in this mess yet

hey_moe
September 30th, 2010, 02:28
I know you over in Norfolk, but watching the News this morning. The amount of flooded stuff where you are at is unreal. To watch some of the ding-bats try and drive through those intersections and bury their car is unreal. When one on the news guys ask this one motorist what he was thinking, his reply was he didn't think it was that deep.The water went up to his windshield.I am working in Franklin and Suffolk today so ya know what I am looking forward too.I don't have a problem with all the flooding and flash flooding, mine is those damn tornadoes that work in those areas and high winds. The ground is already soaked...Mike

TARPSBird
September 30th, 2010, 11:32
Mike, our street always floods during these torrential rains. Worst case is when the crown (center) of the street gets covered and by that time the water is across the sidewalk and a foot or so up into my yard. We have a lot of stupid people here in Norfolk who always drive into flooded areas they can't navigate through. The Norfolk Southern RR underpasses fill up with a lot of water. Drive into one of them and your car will be submerged and you could drown. Also standing water on I-64 is dangerous, but you have that same problem over on your side.

hey_moe
September 30th, 2010, 13:02
I kind of thought thats what you were seeing over there. On RT 13/58 going to Franklin this morning they had a lot of down trees. I didn't realize the wind was that strong but it sure knocked them over along with the power liners.Of course I got to see all the dumb a$$ flying down the road only to pass they a mile or so up the road in a ditch...lol If you been watching ten on your side what cha think of that 18 wheeler that sunk his rig up to his windshield.

Bushpounder
September 30th, 2010, 19:35
We got about 5" on this side of the state. By noon or so today we saw the sun. Scared me for a bit. I had forgotten what it looked like!

Don