PDA

View Full Version : Chico Airshow

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 08:19
took some pics last weekend....werent alot of warbirds...showed the L-5 stintson ( that you guys ID'd for me,thank you)the otherday,,,here are some more.

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 08:22
some more planes

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 08:24
and even more......i think this cessna 195 is gorgous...have seen it at several airshows over the years and its kept in great shape..it was built in 1957 according to the info board

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 08:26
and more as well,,check the flame job on the 150

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 08:29
yet even MORE.............bored yet?

stiz
September 29th, 2010, 08:29
whats the red+cream high wing mono plane in the 2nd post? :)

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 08:32
the dark colored one with the wire whells is a pietenpol aircamper,if i remember it said it was built in 2000 (well its dark to me,im color blind,,,reason ill never be a real world pilot "crys")

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=419JF

brad kaste
September 29th, 2010, 09:04
stiz,....if I'm not mistaken,...the original Pietenpol Aircamper used a Ford Model T engine. The aircraft was designed with the home builder in mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietenpol_Air_Camper

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 09:20
very cool brad...bookmarked that page..thanks

Allen
September 29th, 2010, 11:48
Did you go into the little air museum building? What day did you go? I went on Sunday.:jump:

luckydog
September 29th, 2010, 12:12
:applause::applause::applause:

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 12:38
Did you go into the little air museum building? What day did you go? I went on Sunday.:jump:
i was there on sunday as well..i didnt go into the museum building...my i was with my folks and my dad was tired and grumpy..lol..he didnt want to go in...so we didnt...sure did notice the short shorts on some of the gals though..........i forgot why i liked to go to chico when i was younger......

also..when in sacramento..i would go to use the restroom..i use a jazzy power chair to get around due to my back injuries...in sacramento..id have to get inline with a bunch of non-disabled people to use the disabled restroom that i can drive right into..and then some people are down right rude about me driving in and oout..cause im "slow"...up in Chico..people were 5 and 6 deep for the standard bathrooms (portapotys) yet the disabled bathroom ( one) was open everytime i needed it....sure is strange what a 100 miles and a small town attitude can do

Allen
September 29th, 2010, 12:53
I link to inside. The Dive Bomber Sight was cool. When you look down down it you can see the model of a jap aircraft carrier

http://chicoairmuseum.org/chicoairmuseum_006.htm

Bjoern
September 29th, 2010, 13:26
Whoever else finds the Neptune borderline sexy, raise your hand. :)

TomSteber
September 29th, 2010, 17:57
Nice pics! Thanks for posting. Airshow season here is all but over now. Looking forward to next year.

Allen
September 29th, 2010, 18:10
i was there on sunday as well..i didnt go into the museum building...my i was with my folks and my dad was tired and grumpy..lol..he didnt want to go in...so we didnt...sure did notice the short shorts on some of the gals though..........i forgot why i liked to go to chico when i was younger......

also..when in sacramento..i would go to use the restroom..i use a jazzy power chair to get around due to my back injuries...in sacramento..id have to get inline with a bunch of non-disabled people to use the disabled restroom that i can drive right into..and then some people are down right rude about me driving in and oout..cause im "slow"...up in Chico..people were 5 and 6 deep for the standard bathrooms (portapotys) yet the disabled bathroom ( one) was open everytime i needed it....sure is strange what a 100 miles and a small town attitude can do

The Chico Airshow was alot better than the Redding one in year past. "Rest Areas" that have seats and shade. The air museum was free and the building had A/C. Hey Bails to sit on at the flight line. It even looks like that let people bring in EZ-ups in. Props to the Chico Airshow:ernae:

TARPSBird
September 29th, 2010, 20:41
Whoever else finds the Neptune borderline sexy, raise your hand. :)
The P2V is my first love. I carried quite a few cups of coffee across the wing beam when I was in the Reserves. Coffee go-fer and bow observer were about all I could do because I was too junior to qualify for aircrew. :) I thought that was the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum (MAAM) P2V until I noticed the different Bureau No. on the tail. They both have VP-67 markings.

Daveroo
September 30th, 2010, 08:39
The P2V is my first love. I carried quite a few cups of coffee across the wing beam when I was in the Reserves. Coffee go-fer and bow observer were about all I could do because I was too junior to qualify for aircrew. :) I thought that was the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum (MAAM) P2V until I noticed the different Bureau No. on the tail. They both have VP-67 markings.

and the guy at chico was telling me that this one is painted with latex house paint because of california laws regarding paints.....

SADT
September 30th, 2010, 19:19
Thanks Daveroo,

those pics were really great :jump: Wish the Warbirds over Wanaka Airshow was held more often than on every even year.