PDA

View Full Version : whats this? part2

Daveroo
September 29th, 2010, 08:13
this was at Chico..not at the airshow,but it was on the ramp infront of the FBO which was roped off to the public and it flew out and came back towards the end of the show..notice the polished aluminum ( im assuming) naccels...

is united express a part of federal express?...my dad is possitive it is a feederline

edit...sorry you cant see in this pic that the neccells ( someone help me here with the spelling?) are polished,but they looked really cool,,whised i could have gotten a better pic of it

strykerpsg
September 29th, 2010, 08:17
I thought it was spelled nacelles?

flaviossa
September 29th, 2010, 08:18
Embraer Emb-120 Brasilia :salute:

SkippyBing
September 29th, 2010, 08:29
is united express a part of federal express?

It's part of United.

Bone
September 29th, 2010, 08:40
EMB-120 Brasilia. Owned and operated by Skywest Airlines, under a Capacity Purchase Agreement with United Airlines.

spotlope
September 29th, 2010, 10:01
Yup, it's nacelles. Another French addition to the language of flight, I assume...

Bjoern
September 29th, 2010, 12:29
Slick looking bird. Not as fast as a 328, but as long as it has the looks...

*Scribbles name on "To do" list*

Bone
September 29th, 2010, 12:42
Somewhere, I have a 15 year old picture of me flying a Brasilia and doing a 40 degree left bank over the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. The altitude was about 2000 feet, and the boat shows up pretty well.

Bjoern
September 29th, 2010, 13:59
Somewhere, I have a 15 year old picture of me flying a Brasilia and doing a 40 degree left bank over the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. The altitude was about 2000 feet, and the boat shows up pretty well.

In the business for more than 15 years? Dang, you've lived though all the good days with carriers like TWA and a vivid mix of old and new jets. I'm even greener with envy now. I wish I was you, lol.

flaviossa
September 29th, 2010, 14:24
If someone want´s it there is already one made by Erick Cantu/OSS for fs9 which is completely compatible with FSX.

The original plane: http://www.texturasbr.uni.cc/home/index.php?act=listar_arquivos&id_cat=4
The Fix for FSX: Look for e120v1.2-fsx.zip in Avsim.com

In the page with the original pack, there are many repaints. These guys from Texturas Brasileiras has made even HD Repaints witch are very beautiful.

:salute:

Bjoern
September 29th, 2010, 14:39

Beware, it doesn't come with a VC!

flaviossa
September 29th, 2010, 14:45
Yeap ... but the 2d do the trick very well! :salute:

Bone
September 29th, 2010, 15:13
In the business for more than 15 years? Dang, you've lived though all the good days with carriers like TWA and a vivid mix of old and new jets. I'm even greener with envy now. I wish I was you, lol.

I'm in my early forties. I got my first flying job in June 1989. Flight Instructor, Freight Dog, and then People Pusher. Those first two jobs were tough and almost killed me, so don't be too envious. I think of those days as the "good ole bad old days".

You're going to slip right into a nice fancy jet, and by-pass the extraneous bull shizer...it is I who am envious of you, Bjoern. Besides, you can build planes in FSX, and I can hardly paint worth a crap.

VCN-1
September 29th, 2010, 15:17
I racked up a lot of passenger miles in an EMB-120 with USAIR and the Delta Connection.

VCN-1

Bjoern
September 30th, 2010, 09:40
Flight Instructor, Freight Dog, and then People Pusher.

Sounds like a fairly popular career, at least the "from stuff to meat" part.

You're going to slip right into a nice fancy jet, and by-pass the extraneous bull shizer...it is I who am envious of you, Bjoern.

Oh, don't be. I don't even have the foundation to pay for an ATPL yet. I'll probably be well over thirty when I can finally make a living from flying.

Besides, you can build planes in FSX, and I can hardly paint worth a crap.

You can fly the real deal, I can't. ;)