PDA

View Full Version : KM PLANES ADDITIONS

Fibber
September 28th, 2010, 20:37
Okay, okay, don't all jump on me at once on this. :icon_lol:
I had a bunch of KM P-40s in my stable and when I recently started up the game suddenly none of them will show up. Not in QC or FF. Strange as they were working before and are in the "aircraft folder". Now none of the missions\campaigns that call for them will work.
So I took them all out and reinstalled, still a no go. I put in the "Int.tank" so that is not part of the problem. None of them will appear and all of the requires files are there. Model\panel\sound (aliased right)\texture\AIR\CFG\DP. Even stranger is that the FDG 40's appear and work.
Any suggestion?

PJMack
September 28th, 2010, 20:40
Okay, okay, don't all jump on me at once on this. :icon_lol:
I had a bunch of KM P-40s in my stable and when I recently started up the game suddenly none of them will show up. Not in QC or FF. Strange as they were working before and are in the "aircraft folder". Now none of the missions\campaigns that call for them will work.
So I took them all out and reinstalled, still a no go. I put in the "Int.tank" so that is not part of the problem. None of them will appear and all of the requires files are there. Model\panel\sound (aliased right)\texture\AIR\CFG\DP. Even stranger is that the FDG 40's appear and work.
Any suggestion?

See if your CFG files are missing the cfg extension.

Fibber
September 28th, 2010, 20:55
Thanks, I looked at that and no problem there. Real Strange.

PJMack
September 28th, 2010, 23:14
Thanks, I looked at that and no problem there. Real Strange.

That just happened to me. That is why I guessed. Very strange things happening in CFS2.:wiggle:

Captain Kurt
September 29th, 2010, 16:25
Hmmm, look in the aircraft config file and see what the FDG P-40 title is named.

[fltsim.0]
title=Curtiss P-40E 8th FS <-- this one
sim=P-40E
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=8th FS

If the name on the title is the same on the cfg file for more than one aircraft in the AIRCRAFT folder, CFS2 sometimes will only show one of the planes, not both. Especially this seems to happen to me if the AIRCRAFT folder is approaching the limit for how many planes can be in it.

Change the title of one of the P-40s and see if it appears again.

Fibber
September 29th, 2010, 17:41
That is the strange part. The FDG planes show up alright, just none of the Krys. Malk (KM) P-50's. None of the versions. All are titled, and aliased, right. They did work now they won't! Took out and reinserted and nothing! Knocks out doing Talon CATF missions.

Talon
September 29th, 2010, 20:01
I had a problem a few years ago with a KM P-40 not showing up and I deleted the CDP and it showed up and worked fine. Never figured out why that worked,I guess something got corrupted.

Talon

Fibber
September 29th, 2010, 20:12
Thanks for that point. Will give it a try.

Devildog73
September 30th, 2010, 11:33
Get rid of the aliasing.

Put LawDog's sound files in all of your installed aircraft. One miss in the alias and the plane will not show up.

None of my aircraft use any aliasing, INCLUDING the stock CFS2 originals. I replace all sound folders with LawDog's or Obio's. I also do not alias any other files to any other aircraft.

Fibber
September 30th, 2010, 12:29
DD;
That is the clicker. I have made a central folder for all available (that I could find) engine sounds and have been using with NP. I even have the FDG P-40 "aliased" with the same alias= line and it works! So I don't believe it is the Sound alias. Something else is wrong just can't place it yet. Have to try Talon lead and see what happens.

Fibber
September 30th, 2010, 18:29
I have finally gotten them all to work! Let's just chalk it up to too much Tequila while installing some mods.:icon_lol: Sound alias worked but missed opening a file in them ALL! Need more glasses on the eyes and less full of demons!:icon_lol:

simonu
October 1st, 2010, 11:41
Full marks for helping yourself Fibber, and coming clean about the fix.