PDA

View Full Version : 200 Pin DDR Laptop memory.

Lionheart
September 27th, 2010, 18:40
Hey all,

Ok.. They say that you can only get 200 Pin DDR SO-DIMM Laptop memory sticks (DDR1) in a max of 1 Gig. No 2 Gigs or 4 Gig sticks...........

Why?

Arent there like thousands of laptops out there that have DDR1 RAM?

Could there be a manufacturer out there that started to make them and cancelled and perhaps has some prototypes in stock?

I NEED 4 GIGS!!!! arrgh

dennison
September 27th, 2010, 19:50
2 gig sticks of 200pin;

Possibly; http://www.alibaba.com/promotion/promotion_ddr1-memory-2gb-promotion-list.html quite a few pages to look at though.

Or it looks like your right.

EDIT: Did i read somewhere you can use harddrive space as virtual memory (swap flie or something) or am i just nutts, and should shut up !!

Regards

Bjoern
September 28th, 2010, 09:02
EDIT: Did i read somewhere you can use harddrive space as virtual memory (swap flie or something) or am i just nutts, and should shut up !!

The swap file has been a part of MS OS'es since umphteen decades ago. It provides more space for stuff that doesn't fit into the Ram anymore, but just like ReadyBoost for USB flash drives, it's a lot slower than "real" Ram.

Ok.. They say that you can only get 200 Pin DDR SO-DIMM Laptop memory sticks (DDR1) in a max of 1 Gig. No 2 Gigs or 4 Gig sticks...........

Why?

"Hey, why isn't there a hybrid version with GPS, HUD, a TV and LED lighting of my '67 Corvette?" ;)

(DDR1 is simply OLD. That's why.)